Monday, April 14, 2008

Thank You


Dear Nice Man Driving on the Parkway,

Thank you so very much for stopping to come to the aid of my little bird.  I honestly believe that the random kindnesses of strangers get most of us through our days, and you are no exception.  My little baby bird was blessed to have you traveling alongside her.  I thank you from the very bottom of my heart, and I only wish you were still there when I arrived so I could have given you my thanks in person.


Dear Sweet Miss A. and Miss L.,

Thank you both so much for spying your friend in distress on the side of a highway, and waiting with her.  I know you missed part of the big test, too, but this old Mental Mama is so grateful for your sweet, unselfish little souls.  Thank you, too, for the hugs.  I needed them.

Dear Connecticut State Trooper,

Thank you for your kindness, your patience, and your ability to drive a car with only three wheels. My daughter learned big lessons on mortality, responsibility and humility from you.  And I cannot thank you enough.

Dear Miss L. KC,

You and your wonderful family are always here for The Bird, Augie and all of us. When you showed up at our door with the wonderful flowers and all the cheer, it was the best remedy to a horrible morning.  You are an angel, and we love you.

Dear Insurance Company,

Please be patient with us, I promise we are not trying to bankrupt you.  It has been a dreadful month for our autos here in Mental's homeland, but we are doing our best to get our acts together.  

My car will be finished in a week.
We don't know about this one yet.

Dear Baby Bird,

I hope you know how lucky you were to literally walk away from this whole thing. You have only been driving a few months, and when I tell you to be careful, drive slow, and take your time, I'm not just talking to hear my own sweet, lovely voice.  If anything ever happened to you or your brother, I don't think I could survive it.  No, I know I couldn't survive it.  Please, please, please pay attention.  I love you, Mama

Dear God,

Thank you for the constant reminder that we are not alone.  As always, Lauren

19 comments:

bly guy said...

Blessings, blessings, blessings!!!

xoxoxoabbxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

You brought tears to my eyes! You are a woman after my own heart!

Anonymous said...

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!

My girls complained when I had "safety first" tattooed on their behinds, but I don't think I could stand to lose a child.

Nice letter writing!

abb said...

OOps! That first post wasn't written by my son - it was written by me. Didn't realize he'd used my computer to get his gmail.
However, had he read the post, I'm sure he would have shared my sentiments.

xoabbagainxo

Treasia Stepp said...

So happy to read little bird is fine.

Flea said...

Oh, SO GLAD everyone is whole and healthy after this. It sounds like God is taking care of your little bird.

KatBouska said...

Are you my ghost of the future?? Shall I freeze time now when my babies are babies and I can put a leash on them when we go out in public?? Can I!?! I'm scared...

And I'm SO glad your baby is ok. Do you want to borrow my leash??

QueenofPlanetHotflash said...

Bless your hearts..

Anonymous said...

Dear Goose-

Miss L and I love Bird, you, & the rest of the clan oh so much... glad I was running a little late that morning so we were right there to lend some support!!
hugs all around :)

Miss A

Leslie: said...

Oh my gosh! I have chills. Thank God for everyone who came to her aid and for keeping her safe from anything worse!

Peace!

Anonymous said...

I have already started talking to my young boys about cars and that they are 2000 lb weapons. So scary and so glad all is well on your end.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

WOW, I am so glad she is ok...and what wonderful people out there!
HUGS to you and prayers too!

Snooty Primadona said...

I used to remind my kids that they don't have 9 lives like a cat. For some reason, that sank in.

Thank God she had an angel on her shoulder, watching over her.

Debbie said...

Oh gosh! This a wonderful post and I love it! Don't they just scare you looney? I am so glad Little Bird is fine but loved the way you thanked everyone ((hugs))

Mary said...

I remember when my kids were small, saying that I couldn't wait till they were bigger, thinking it would get easier. Someone with bigger kids said motherhood gets harder - the problems are bigger. Boy was she right!

So glad she is OK!
xoxo,
Mary

Magpie said...

Oof. Glad all's well.

Mental P Mama said...

Thank you all...very scary times. I never expected to race down a highway, past the stopped traffic, past the roadflares, to my child. So very thankful for every single blessing in the mess.

Country Girl said...

Oh, how you must have felt. Good to see you thanking everyone including Him. Lovely post, mp!

Anonymous said...

Mental P Mama and baby bird,
So glad that bird is OK. I heard about the guard rail biting her car and was worry all were ok. Blessings to you all.
And Kathy, yes the future is scary, just ask anyone with a teenager.