Friday, July 30, 2010
Thursday, July 29, 2010
- I have too many passwords to remember.
- My new favorite expression is "harmless as a sofa."
- I could care less what Chelsea Clinton's wedding costs.
- Shark Week starts Sunday!
- I am also slightly obsessed with House Hunters and House Hunters International on HGTV. I currently would like to move to La Paz, Belize, Panama or Grand Cayman.
- I am way over the craze to put foam all over a nice dish and declare it haute cuisine.
- I am also way over the need for everyone and everything to have a brand. Can't we just be?
- How many Prevention magazines am I going to buy in the grocery checkout line before I just do what they say every time?
- I dream about Joe Scarborough and Willie Geist at least once a week. Maybe I should stop watching so much Morning Joe.
- I did traveling lunges all the way around the dog park yesterday. Ouch.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Sunday, July 25, 2010
WHERE did you come from baby dear?
Out of the everywhere into here.
Where did you get those eyes so blue?
Out of the sky as I came through.
What makes the light in them sparkle and spin?
Some of the starry spikes left in.
I found it waiting when I got here.
What makes your forehead so smooth and high?
A soft hand stroked it as I went by.
What makes your cheek like a warm white rose?
I saw something better than any one knows.
Whence that three-cornered smile of bliss?
Three angels gave me at once a kiss.
Where did you get this pearly ear?
God spoke, and it came out to hear.
Where did you get those arms and hands?
Love made itself into bonds and bands.
Feet, whence did you come, you darling things?
From the same box as the cherub's wings.
God thought about me, and so I grew.
God thought about you, and so I am here.
Thank you, Hilary
Friday, July 23, 2010
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Friday, July 16, 2010
- First of all, we have the actual poop. I poop in the park. It's what I do. There are rules there. The poop has to be picked up by the accompanying human. Sometimes I like to put a poop in the very tall, tick-infested grass. My humans have a hard time finding it to pick it up in my nice purple poop bag. I am highly amused by this whole thing. Oh, and sorry for the poor quality of the poop-bags picture. It's the whole no-opposable-thumb thing I've got going. Oh, and when we get back home? All they talk about is whether or not I pooped. The whole thing is just so tiresome. Seriously. I wish they'd just go back to obsessing about the weather.
- WTF??? I do not even think so. They can just think again if I'm getting in that stupid van for a bath. Ain't no way in H-E-Double-Toothpicks. Uh unh.
- And here, we have me practicing my aloof-ness. The cat taught me. Good, right?
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
- Cooler? Check
- Sunscreen? Check
- Muu Muus? Check
- I hate that new "weight control" kibble you make me eat. I am not fat.
- And that baby talk? Gah. I am not a baby.
- And I sniff stuff because I am a dog. You named me Dora the Explorer. Helloooo? I'm explorin'. Mkay?
- I would like lots more treats, too. And pretzels.
- And those baths? They are no good. I hate them.
- You cannot take me to the park too much.
- Yes, I must sleep touching a part of your body. All night.
- We don't ever need to go to that V-E-T place ever again. I'm good.
- I would like a new marrow bone every time you return from the grocery store.
- I am sick and tired of all the fancy collars, too. I'm a dog, not a dress up doll.
- And I bark sometimes. Get over it. You baby talk. Gah.
Partly Cloudy Scattered Thunderstorms T-storms T-storms Mostly Cloudy
I have decided to ignore the Thunderstorm one.
Gwynn's Island Barbecue will go off without a hitch.
Now, I just need to find a suitcase large enough for all my medications and ointments.
Stay tuned for further Blogfest ramblings.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
Aquarius Daily Horoscope for July 12, 2010
You're feeling a little too settled in your thinking today -- that is often a danger sign for you! Still, you might want to roll with it for a while, as the ensuing cataclysm could have delightful consequences!
Only an Aquarius can have the words "ensuing cataclysm" and "delightful consequences" in the same sentence. Blisters beware.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Friday, July 9, 2010
A real man is a woman's best friend.
He will never stand her up and never let her down.
He will reassure her when she feels insecure and comfort her after a bad day.
He will inspire her to do things she never thought she could do; to live without fear and forget regret.
He will enable her to express her deepest emotions and give in to her most intimate desires.
He will make sure she always feels as though she's the most beautiful woman in the room and will enable her to be the most confident, sexy, seductive, and invincible.
No wait... sorry... I'm thinking of wine.
Blister love--Blogfest in 6 days!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
- Today has dawned grey and foggy and drizzly. This is wonderful news.
- I came in second place at Bridge last night. This, too, is wonderful news.
- I had my car serviced yesterday, and while I waited in the fancy little waiting area, a woman stared at me. For two hours. It was awful.
- Why do dogs have to sniff everything?
- One week from today, the coven of Blisters reconvenes on the Chesapeake Bay.
- I have to give my elevator speech in one hour and I am still in my pajamas. Not good.
- Why does printer ink cost so much?
- My parrot attacked my hair yesterday as I bent down to feed him.
- I love those Viactiv calcium and vitamin D chewy things.
- That eyeglass commercial where the woman is calling her cat to come to bed and a raccoon comes in makes me laugh every time. At this rate, a Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis movie would probably send me over the edge. I need a job.
- I wonder how roasted parrot tastes.....