Sunday, July 25, 2010

We are Nineteen


WHERE did you come from baby dear?

Out of the everywhere into here.

Where did you get those eyes so blue?

Out of the sky as I came through.

What makes the light in them sparkle and spin?

Some of the starry spikes left in.

Where did you get that little tear?

I found it waiting when I got here.

What makes your forehead so smooth and high?

A soft hand stroked it as I went by.

What makes your cheek like a warm white rose?

I saw something better than any one knows.

Whence that three-cornered smile of bliss?

Three angels gave me at once a kiss.

Where did you get this pearly ear?

God spoke, and it came out to hear.

Where did you get those arms and hands?

Love made itself into bonds and bands.

Feet, whence did you come, you darling things?

From the same box as the cherub's wings.

How did they all just come to be you?

God thought about me, and so I grew.

But how did you come to us, you dear?

God thought about you, and so I am here.

George Macdonald

Thank you, Hilary

22 comments:

I Am Woody said...

Happy Birthday to your babies:)

joanne said...

awwww, sweet! Happy Birthday to Mama's chickies.

Hilary said...

Awww so beautiful. Happy birthday to your sweeties.

And thanks for the linkage. It was nice to read that poem again. :)

Ellen said...

Happy birthday to the MP babies.

Debbie said...

So sweet Mama and....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your little babies!

How adorable can they get???

Ann Marie said...

A little message to the twins....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!!!!!!! You don't know me but I am your new crazy aunt... aren't you THRILLED...
That is what you get for turning 19 a crazy aunt!

:)
Aunt Re.... and yes I know if you say it REALLY fast it comes out Ornery it fits well. Even better if you say Miss Re really fast it comes out Misery.. aren't you glad we met now????

hahahahaha

Diane said...

LOL to Re!

Happy birthday to Birdie and Augie! It's your last year as teens! Woo Hoo! Be gentle with your Mama. She needs to survive your antics!

Meg McCormick said...

*sniff*

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday...Fun and Blessings on this wonderous day!!!

Caution/Lisa said...

I don't know if I should cry or smile or eat some cake in their honor. Happy birthday, MP babies
!!!!!

Sandie said...

I bet they are thankful to have you as their mom and to have been here for nineteen years too. Happy Birthday to you & your babies. You done good, mom!

Daryl said...

Happy Birthday to them and a well done to you for push, push, pushin' 'em out ... gotta say Bird doesnt look as happy as Augie about sharing that chair

Snooty Primadona said...

Awwww... That gave me a little tear.

Happy Birthday to Bird & Augie!

Keetha said...

Awww. Sweetness! Happy birhtday to them!

Joanie said...

Wow, I bet you feel like the years have flown by!!

Unknown said...

I hope you all enjoy your birthday! Loved the poem.

kel said...

Aww! sweet!!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Happy Birthday to those gorgeous babies. They haven't changed a bit.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bird and Augie!!!
NSLO and I wish you both many many more happies!!!

Sassy said...

♫♪♫HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES DEAR♫♪♫HAPPY DAYS WILL COME TO YOU ALL YEAR♫♪♫IF I HAD ONE WISH THEN IT WOULD BE♫♪♫A HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU FROM ME♫♪♫.......My dear friend you and I were pregnant at the same time with our babies........'91 was a GREAT YEAR!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Why am I always late? Hope it was spectacular for all of you!

Country Girl said...

What a sweet little poem. Happy belated to your darlings.