Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Monday, June 28, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Friday, June 25, 2010
Thursday, June 24, 2010
- I checked out a large print book from the library last week. I love it.
- I started P90X yesterday. I think I may die.
- I really do not like Holly Hunter's voice.
- There is a black bear on the loose near here.
- I wish I understood soccer.
- I signed up to run another half marathon this Sunday. I ain't gonna make it.
- I love my little condo.
- I also love the farmers' market near here.
- People keep telling my baby boy he looks like Joran van der Sloot. He actually does a little...
- I want the new iPhone but my current one is perfectly fine.
- I think that Kristin Chenoweth is the cutest thing ever.
- Why do I have teenage blemishes on my 50 year-old face?
- I want to ride on the Orient Express.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010
If there ever was a week when you needed to perfect the art of juggling, finding a balance between work and play, this is it. The Sun's move into your work sector on Monday sets the scene for the most important month of the year for work matters and with a total solar eclipse here next month, there is the potential for significant new beginnings or opportunities opening up. You would think then that you'd need to be super work focused, but with Mercury remaining in your romantic and creative sector until Friday, the answer is no. Once Mercury leaves things will become a lot more work focused, but as this is the last activity in your romantic and creative sector for the year, a balance between work and play is crucial. Keep your mind open and you'll retain your creativity.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Friday, June 18, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
- A 3+ mile walk along the shore with The Baby Bird.
- An osprey nest with a baby in it.
- The smell of fresh cut grass and salt air combined.
- A goldfinch on the wing.
- An awesome cup of coffee with almond milk.
- All the blooming hydrangeas along our route.
- Ditto for the beach roses.
- Droplets off the trees from last night's rain.
- The sun on the Long Island Sound.
- Working up a sweat.
- Steel cut oatmeal with cinnamon.
- A beautiful full day stretching ahead.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
Saturday, June 12, 2010
I love a good prank.
Westport’s Minute Man statue, which next week will mark the 100th anniversary of its unveiling, got some company today from Sabrina, the 350-pound bronze statue of Amherst College in Amherst, Mass. Since it was donated to the college in 1857, the statue has been the subject of countless pranks, and has changed hands between the college administration and various student classes multiple times.
Totally stolen from here.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Thursday, June 10, 2010
- The fountains (everywhere).
- The cleanliness (amazing).
- The weather (dry).
- The people (friendly).
- The olives (self explanatory).
- The jamon (ham).
- The Retiro (park).
- The bread (also self explanatory).
- The Reina Sophia (museum).
- The cava (sparkling wine).
- The taxis (always where you need one).
- The flamenco dancers (seriously).
- The whole package.
Monday, June 7, 2010
Thursday, June 3, 2010
- You spend two whole days deciding whether or not to roll or fold your clothes.
- You cannot find any more ziploc bags to put toiletries in so you opt for a doggie-poop-bag solution. Unused, of course.
- You wonder how many magnifying mirrors you can safely pack.
- The same with tweezer products of all manner.
- Snappy flat shoes become your obsession.
- You pack more meds than make-up.
- You wonder how long it will take your bodily functions to catch up when you get there. Sorry. But I know you agree.
- You are counting on your cute wraps to draw the eye away from your upper arm issues.
- You are thrilled to be able to bring as much Sudafed as the CVS would allow you to buy to your hostess. There isn't any in Spain.
- You are just thrilled. Period.