You Are the 7
You value personal growth. If you're not changing, it's likely something is going wrong in your life.
You are a lucky person, but it's partially due to how you've crafted you're life.
You are a great leader, and you lead without your ego. You know where you're going, and others want to follow.
You are comfortable with and really appreciate freedom. You think it's important to be able to do your own thing.
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Monday, December 26, 2011
Friday, December 23, 2011
BBAugie and I are almost ready for our half marathon!
We are training together (sometimes!) to raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training (TNT), and will run in the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend in January 2012.
2012 will mark the tenth year we have been without B.B. Ten long years. A mother and a grandmother lost way too early. Please join us to help fund a cure for all blood cancers, and to provide aid to current patients and their families.
Since its inception in 1988, TNT has trained more than half a million athletes, and raised$1.2 billlion to help find a cure. In addition, 75% of all the money we raise goes directly to the LLS mission of funding research and drug trials as well as helping patients and their families.
- Every 4 minutes, someone is diagnosed with a blood cancer.
- There are currently over 950,000 people living with or in remission from a blood cancer in North America.
- In the last 40 years, leukemia cure rates have gone from 5% to over 90%.
- In the last decade, half of the FDA approved cancer drugs were for blood cancers,many funded by LLS.
- Many of those LLS funded drugs have since been proven viable treatments for other cancers such as breast, colon, and stomach.
- Last year, LLS contributed $20 million in patient aid to help defray costs.
Please consider a donation to our goal of raising $7000 to help find a cure.... Every little bit helps.
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
You're the type of person who thinks quickly and moves even faster.
You like to be challenged, and you get bored if things get too easy.
You are brilliant and focused. You give most things your all, and you're downright aggressive.
You would be more balanced if you cooled down a bit. Give yourself at least a few minutes a day where you don't do anything.
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Monday, December 19, 2011
Today's Horoscope for AquariusPresented by Horoscope.com
Friday, December 16, 2011
Thursday, December 15, 2011
- Waking up
- Loving family
- Loving friends
- Loving dog
- Vitamin D3
- Clean water
- Health insurance
- Reading glasses
- Fluffy pajamas
- Eye cream
- Cetaphil lotion
- Ionic hairdryer
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Monday, December 12, 2011
Today's Horoscope for Aquarius
Your mind is going a thousand miles an hour. Different ideas, interests, goals, and projects could dart through your mind all day. Write them down! Go through the list to see which ideas are workable, which are immediate, and which can wait for later. Take a long walk before bed or you might not be able to sleep.
Friday, December 9, 2011
Thursday, December 8, 2011
- My happy dog sniffing her way through our walk.
- Coffee with almond milk.
- The sun.
- Foaming lavender soap.
- The Morning Joe commercial.
- The steady hum of my heater.
- The clip of Stephen Colbert doing ballet last night.
- A hot towel out of the dryer.
- Going off to work and having it be my last day for the week.
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Monday, December 5, 2011
Thursday, December 1, 2011
- How did it get to be December?
- I have a terrible crush on the Saints' quarterback Drew Brees.
- Everybody should go see "The Descendants"
- We had the best rosé cava on Thanksgiving. I want a case of it.
- I'm not feeling very Christmassy yet.
- Cumin is my current favorite spice.
- I'm in the mood to talk to a psychic.
- I need some creative ideas for tea sandwiches.
- December? Really?
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Monday, November 28, 2011
It's a better day for making adjustments than for pushing ahead with gusto, dear Aquarius. Conflicts with others can arise over differences in beliefs. This may be a day in which communications get crossed, errands and short trips are disrupted, or appointments get rescheduled. Adjusting your plans may be in order, and accommodating inconveniences figures strongly. It may be time as well to re-evaluate matters that you previously thought were completed. It's not the best time for negotiations.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
Today's Horoscope for Aquarius
Today you may come up with some attractive new ideas to advance your career and increase your income. The only question is whether or not you can follow through. Some of them may be workable and some may not, but if you're serious, you should do some research to figure that out. The future looks good if you take the necessary steps to turn your ideas into reality.
Friday, November 18, 2011
Thursday, November 17, 2011
- I misplaced my tweezers for a day. It was hell.
- I am going to play bridge tonight for the first time in a long while. I feel lucky. I hope they have lots of money.
- I am in a wardrobe crisis. The s-word is in the forecast for this afternoon. And in the 60's by Sunday.
- I am obsessed with Van's gluten-free blueberry waffles.
- I have killer shin splints.
- I have new chewable vitamin D3 things. They taste like rum candy. I swear.
- I cannot wait to see my babies next week!
- I got that shellac polish for a manicure on Saturday. I love it.
- I also got a big, faux Princess Diana ring. I love it, too.
- I have to run a half marathon in 47 days. It ain't gonna be pretty.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Your Quirk Factor: 36%
You have a few little quirks, but you generally blend in well with society.
Only those who know you well know how weird you can be.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Monday, November 14, 2011
Thursday, November 10, 2011
- I am lacking "transitional" clothing in my closet. What to wear when it's in the 60's and humid. In November?
- I am hopelessly dependent on my reading glasses.
- Augie and I are running a half marathon on January 7. We are horrifically underprepared as of now.
- Can someone explain Rick Perry to me?
- Can someone explain why anyone would want to be the POTUS?
- The Bird and I went to a beautiful wedding in September, and the resident dog was named POTUS. His humans are both attorneys in DC. Isn't that clever?
- We had a police chase in Westport yesterday. No one was hurt, but a Bentley got clipped. Oh, and they finally caught the guy--a really bad guy.
- Seriously. I have nothing to wear to work today. It's so hot out there. And I am still seeing piles of snow from our little Halloween "dusting."
- Does arthritis pain wake you up at night? My right hip does.
- I cannot get enough ricotta cheese. It really is an odd thing.
- I'm getting my hair done tomorrow. It is way overdue.
- I guess I need to get going. I seriously don't know what I'm gonna wear today.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Monday, November 7, 2011
This is a time period of gradual maturing of your attitudes and overall approach to life. You become more in tune with your inner needs and tendencies, and you make changes that allow you to spend more time doing the things that you really enjoy and that you instinctively are attracted to, rather than what serves your more worldly ambitions, needs for security, and what appeals to you as the logically correct thing to do. You are willing to sacrifice some benefits in order to live a life that suits your temperament and interests now. This attitude is very wise and you can make great strides in getting your life on track. You are more in tune with your instincts and your life tends to come into alignment with your inner nature. Consequently you feel more contented, more "in your own element", and more creative.
Friday, November 4, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Nov 2, 2011
Today's Horoscope for Aquarius
It's an excellent day for you! Although no major events occur today, there's the promise of freedom in the coming months. A fundamental shift is about to occur in your occupation and love life. As the months unfold, you can expect to be more visionary, more creative, and perhaps more rebellious. You'll be much more effective than in the past two or three years.
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Monday, October 31, 2011
Today's Horoscope for Aquarius
Thursday, October 27, 2011
- We have snow in the forecast today.
- Our fall foliage has not been as vibrant as usual.
- Whatever happened to Helen Reddy?
- Our county is ranked first in the nation for halloween candy quality.
- When we lived at the beach, and my children were in elementary and middle school, we would get close to 1,000 trick-or-treaters.
- Halloween was always my favorite holiday as a child. Even over Christmas.
- Yes, 1,000.
- I got the cutest new rain/snow boots at DSW.
- I wonder who was surveyed for that halloween candy study. Nobody asked me anything.
- Why do the "Asian Singles" insist on e-viting me to join them every day?
- I have become obsessed with ricotta cheese.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
You Are Bold
You are decisive and determined. You are good at taking action when the time is right.
You are honest and even a little critical. When it comes to your opinions, you don't hold back.
You are headstrong and very set on doing what you want to do. It's hard to convince you not to follow your gut.
You are daring and courageous. You're willing to take all sorts of risks and stand up to anyone who questions you.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Monday, October 24, 2011
Your mental radar is working at full speed today. You are especially alert to everything that is going on around you and you are more able to handle complex problems or sensitive issues with relative ease. The desire to talk, share your feelings, and open up to others could be strong. This is a good time for conversation and for writing and communications of all kinds, and can also be a good time for travel.
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Monday, October 17, 2011
Aquarius: Daily Overviewfor October 17, 2011
Friday, October 14, 2011
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Your Spiritual Number is Eight
You bring inspiration and success into people's lives.
You understand how the world works, and you have a knack for money.
Right now, your life is all about goals and progress.
This is nothing new though - you're always moving forward.
You have a lot of perspective in life. You are able to remove your emotions and see the big picture.
You usually bet right in life. You have are intuitive and win often.