- Tori and Dean something something something... This is a reality show with Tori Spelling (remember her? 90210?) and her husband Dean Somebody-or-other, and their cute baby. I couldn't stop watching it. Make sure you try to find the episode where very pregnant Tori is jealous of hubby's scuba instructor. Pure gold there. (Oxygen Network. Go ahead, Oprah could use the income)
- Jon and Kate Plus 8--Another reality show about a couple who had twins, and then sextuplets. If you ask me, the mother, Kate, is a bit of a beyotch. But I don't know what I'd do with that many kids. Almost too painful to watch, but better than being outside and sweating all your skin right off your body. (TLC)
- Anything on Lifetime. There I've said it. I will watch just about anything on Lifetime. If you are looking for ways to keep cool this coming weekend, they are having a Christmas movie marathon. Could be good. Don't even get me started on the new season of Army Wives. Loving it.
- The Weather Channel. Another problem entirely. Go ahead, and ask me what the barometric pressure is. Anytime. I will know it.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Sunday, June 29, 2008
- the looks on my kid's faces when I turn to get money out of my wallet. For them.
- the stuff in my teeth after a pesto/pasta salad. Gives a whole new meaning to long-in-the-tooth.
- what Augie has in the back of his car. A speaker? A body?
- those clear whiskers that I can feel but not see.
- a normal font.
- where to put my mascara.
- the numbers on the scale. Thank God.
- my feet. Another story.
- Pricetags. Both a blessing and a curse.
- most cell phone keypads.
- my car manual. Not good when you have a warning light you don't know.
- the ATM.
- the shampoo versus the conditioner in the shower.
- where I left my reading glasses.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Friday, June 27, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Today's Aquarius Horoscope: Jun 23, 2008
Everyone around you will seem tense today and will come to you with their problems, dear Aquarius. You will feel at ease, and you will be able to deal with this difficult situation. They will listen to your advice and probably will feel that you are a sort of mentor or sage. Try to use your talent the best you can. Others are relying on you for understanding and compassion.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
- Be published
- Dance at my grandchildrens' weddings
- Go on a safari
- Go to Fiji
- Learn HTML
- Run a half marathon
- Have a hole-in-one
- Make a difference
- What time are you coming home?
- Be careful...
- What do you want to eat?
- Putzy paws
- The Universe is listening
- Time to get up...
- I'm sleepy
- Could you please clean up your room?
- Mrs. Dalloway Virginia Woolf
- To the Lighthouse Virginia Woolf
- The Hours Michael Cunningham
- The Power of Now Eckhart Tolle
- American Sphinx: The Character of Thomas Jefferson Joseph Ellis
- Eat, Pray, Love Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Girl With a Pearl Earring Tracy Chevalier
- Things I Learned About My Dad (in therapy) ed. Heather Armstrong
- Gone With the Wind
- Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Finding Nemo
- The Lion King
- Holiday Inn
- White Christmas
Monday, June 16, 2008
Today's Aquarius Horoscope: Jun 16, 2008
New ideas for your career interests could be on your mind, dear Aquarius. You might be thinking not only of getting a new job, but also of entering an entirely new field. This could be a positive development. However, don't be too impulsive and jump in without thinking. List your options, cross out the ones that aren't workable, and then do some research on the rest. Even though you may feel urgency, there is none.
My soon-to-be empty nest is speaking to me from all over the universe. After a significant birthday a few years ago, my good friend Annie told me that the second half of her life was going to be different from the first half. Her children are older than mine, and she was ahead of me in her thinking, but those words resonated with me then, and they sure do now.
I don't know what my second act is going to look like, but there is a large part of me that is ready for the curtain to rise. Anybody else out there looking forward to your next act?
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Monday, June 9, 2008
Here is a quick peek in the fridge this morning. Mental Mama loves to scramble egg whites with tomatoes and basil. She eats this almost every day. Also, see that pitcher? It is filled with water and some lemon juice. She drinks that stuff all day long. Those cut veggies are the same story. Any time someone opens the door, that's what they see, and they tend to eat that instead of junk. She's pretty clever. They don't even know what's going on.
Another big change for us is that they don't eat any white flour in this house. They even have this whole wheat loaf sometimes with dinner instead of french bread. This is what we eat when we dip into that heavenly olive oil concoction. We hate to admit it, but it may even be better than butter. I cannot believe I am telling you this, but it is that good.
And the no-white-flour business extends to their pasta as well. They only have whole wheat. They have been doing this for a long time apparently, because the kids eat it without any kind of sass, and any time Mama makes some changes, those teenagers whine and moan about it. Even if it is good for them. Kids today, I tell ya! Anyway, Bessie and I have decided that we really like it as well. It has a lot of fiber and more protein, so we feel full and udderly content for a long time after we eat.
I hear Mental talking about Dr. Oz all the time, and apparently he is the one who got her motivated and started on this renewed interest in healthy living. I also think she is doing these new things in increments because too much change would make everybody just throw up their hands and go have a big hot fudge sundae. This way, we all get to feel a little bit better inside and out, and, I swear, Bessie's butt looks a little bit smaller to me.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Monday, June 2, 2008
- More water (double the intake every day)
- More exercise (at least an hour a day--and you don't have to do it all at once)
- More food in its natural state and nothing prepared (no Triscuits, Wheat Thins...)
- Take my calcium every day (I don't always)