For The Week Starting August 31, 2009
- Your luck is still running to form, especially on Monday and Tuesday this week. Hopefully you are using your spare time with a creative and useful hobby. You could make some serious money here. This is time to take up a new study or to change schools or your residence. Lasting friendships can be formed now so be sure to meet new people.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Friday, August 28, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
- I feel guilty when I turn off my GPS before I reach my destination. I feel like I'm hurting Sylvia's feelings for cutting her off.
- What is it with people in the passing lane who insist on hanging out there at 50 mph? On the phone.
- I could sit at a New Jersey rest stop and people-watch all day.
- I do not like waiting to cross the George Washington Bridge. Or the Cross Bronx Expressway.
- Blinkers anyone?
- How about those folks who pull out right in front of you and then proceed to drive 5 mph? Including through stop signs.
- How do we feel about vanity plates? Is it my imagination or does Virginia have the most?
- If I move to Virginia I need to create a vanity plate, too.
- Those people who pull out in front of you? Don't you wish you had a James Bond missile launcher in the front of your car?
- I cannot stop thinking about my vanity plate.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Your Nail Polish Color is Red
How you're unique: You have an incredible eye for style and art
Why your style rocks: You are classic and classy - and that's hot!
What this color says about you: "I'm smart, sassy, and sexy. And I know it."
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Today's Aquarius Horoscope:
Aug 25, 2009
You may be feeling a bit sluggish today, dear Aquarius. Your warrior instinct would rather just stay home on the couch than get up and fight. This is fine. More than likely, you may simply need a break from your quest for world domination. Remember that a good leader also takes the time to sit back and reflect on recent events so that he or she can make better plans for the future.
get yours here
**Thank you all for your good wishes on my interview yesterday...it is a very part time position that has potential to grow. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I am starting to enjoy the quietness of this place. And today, I am going to the grocery store to shop for two. I have no idea what to get. But I do know one thing for sure--it will be a lot less!
Monday, August 24, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
- The boy-child was successfully deposited at school.
- I barely embarrassed him at all.
- It was scorching hot.
- His dorm is unairconditioned, but all the boys have big fans.
- He has three roommates.
- They all seem like nice boys.
- But I wonder if they'll ever get any work done.
- As I was leaving, they were assembling a basketball hoop. In the hallway.
- Ruby Tuesday restaurants have pimento cheese things on their menus. I love pimento cheese, and never get any up here in New England.
- The Bird goes to school on Saturday.
- I hope I continue to keep my embarrassing behavior to a minimum then as well. But you never really know. Especially with me.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
Today's Aquarius Horoscope:
Aug 17, 2009
Try not to be too arrogant today, dear Aquarius, even when you are one hundred percent sure that you are right about the given situation. More than likely, you do indeed have the correct answers, but it is not necessary to be militant about it. Unexpected events are coming your way, and you may find that your emotions are being toyed with. Be on guard for people who may want to ruffle your feathers unjustly.
This does not bode well for my coming week of nest-emptying. Well, except for the part about being 100% sure I'm right. That is always the case. Just ask my family.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
- The more time I spend on this planet, the less I know.
- Have you ever noticed that the people who say they don't "do" drama, are the ones with the most of it in their lives?
- I have a whole bunch of snappy Tweets in my head. I think I should write them.
- I got a notice yesterday that it was time to schedule the pool closing for the winter. gah
- I keep thinking that I need to teach my babies more life lessons before they leave for school next week.
- Like: You have to have respect for yourself and your body before you can have it for anyone else. I hope they already know this...
- And, if your gut tells you something isn't right, then it isn't.
- Always wear clean underwear.
- And no matter whether I am ready or not, they will go next week.
- And it will all be okay.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
...were never spoken.
Today's Aquarius Horoscope:
Aug 10, 2009
Dear Aquarius, no one has ever accused you of being overly diplomatic. In fact, since you have no compunction about saying what you think, your mouth regularly gets you into trouble. It is true that your verbal outbursts often relieve tension in tight situations, but there are times when kind words are a more effective way of getting one's point across. Why not give it a try for a change?
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
- About 30 pair of jeans in varying sizes.
- Some kimonos purchased during my All-Things-Asian phase.
- All the orange and brown lipsticks that come in those Clinique Gift With Purchase Bags.
- All my tight white t-shirts.
- All of my children's SAT and AP Prep books.
- All my sparkly hair scrunchies.
- All my springform cake pans.
- An exercise bike.
- An ab roller.
- 6 yoga mats and 5 yoga videos.
- My American Express and Visa bills.
- My mortgage.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
- I am older than President Obama.
- I feel older than dirt sometimes.
- Anybody have tips on getting liquid meds into a cat. Said cat has not been declawed.
- I think I already need stronger reading glasses.
- I am hopelessly addicted to the Word Warp game on my iPhone.
- What's the best thing to put on cat scratches?
- I am an expert at growing crab grass.
- I love Shark Week on the Discovery channel.
- My children have been on vacation for the last week, and I am fine. This college business might just be okay. Maybe.