Thursday, December 30, 2010
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Monday, December 27, 2010
Happy Monday! Is your scope as good as mine?
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
You Are Creative
You are open minded, flexible, and adventurous. You never quite know where you're going, and you like it that way.
You are hard working and live fast. You want to accomplish great things in your life.
You find that most tasks are more difficult than you anticipated. And you don't give up until the job is done.
You work hard for the feeling of satisfaction it gives you. Any money you get is secondary.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
Today we take a break from the rugrats. Here is some new stuff to ponder...compliments of Flea. Big type is an early Christmas present from me. You're welcome.
ATD: At The Doctor's
BFF: Best Friend Farted
BTW: Bring The Wheelchair
BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
CBM: Covered By Medicare
CUATSC: See You At The Senior Center
DWI: Driving While Incontinent
FWB: Friend With Beta Blockers
FWIW: Forgot Where I Was
FYI: Found Your Insulin
GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!
GHA: Got Heartburn Again
HGBM: Had Good Bowel Movement
IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On?
LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out
LOL: Living On Lipitor
LWO: Lawrence Welk's On
OMMR: On My Massage Recliner
OMSG: Oh My! Sorry, Gas.
ROFL... CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up
SGGP: Sorry, Gotta Go Poop
TTYL: Talk To You Louder
WAITT: Who Am I Talking To?
WTFA: Wet The Furniture Again
WTP: Where's The Prunes?
WWNO: Walker Wheels Need Oil!!
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,
Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably,
And never regret anything that made you smile.
You Are Sophisticated and Well Mannered
You're the type of person who can sit all day entertaining guests with witty banter.
You believe in presenting yourself in the best light possible. You like to be seen as classy.
You give a first impression of being upper class and even a bit snooty. And you're the first to admit you're a little guilty of that.
You are an armchair critic. You can detect quality easily, and you want the best things you can find.
Friday, December 17, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
● $8 million for expanding Anchorage’s port, requested by Alaska Sens. Lisa Murkowski (R) (who campaigned on her ability to bring Alaska earmarks) and Mark Begich (D).
● $165,000 for maple research in Vermont, to further delve into the quality and food safety of syrup and to consider how current production methods affect tree health, requested by Sen. Patrick Leahy (D., Vermont).
● $1 million for arthropod damage control, requested by Sen. Harry Reid (D., Nev.).
● $21 million for Hawaii Federal Health Care system, requested by Appropriations committee chair Sen. Daniel Inouye (D., Hawaii.)
● $2.5 million to improve pedestrian and bicycling paths in Illinois, requested by Sen. Dick Durbin (D., Ill.)
● $307,000 for research on small fruits, requested by Reps. Earl Blumenauer (D., Oregon), Norm Dicks (D., Wash.), Rick Larsen (D., Wash.), Kurt Schrader (D., Oregon), and David Wu (D., Oregon) and Sens. Maria Cantwell (D., Wash.), Mike Crapo (R., Idaho), Jeff Merkley (D., Oregon), Patty Murray (D., Wash.), James Risch (R., Idaho), and Ron Wyden (D., Oregon).
● $350,000 for Cool Season Legume Research, which would fund studies on what diseases harm and what improvements could help crops such as lentils and beans, requested by Sens. Maria Cantwell (D., Wash.) Kent Conrad (D., N.D.), Bryon Dorgan (D., N.D.) and Patty Murray (D., Wash.) and Reps. Norm Dicks (D., Wash.) and Earl Pomeroy (D., N.D.).
● $15 million to reduce emission-caused pollution in California, requested by Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) and Barbara Boxer (D., Calif) and Democratic Reps. Dennis Cardoza, Jim Costa, and Jay McNerney of California.
● $1 million for AFL-CIO training programs, requested by Sen. Tom Harkin (D., Iowa).
These are but 10 of the 6,600 earmarks in the new spending bill. They total $8 billion.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Friday, December 3, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
- The time between 7 and 8 am is the most precious part of the day now.
- On days when it is raining sideways, take a few minutes of that precious time to pack a lunch.
- I don't have nearly enough clothes to wear.
- Office phone systems are different nowadays....
- I think poor Dora is already used to my absence.
- When do I go to the grocery store now?
- Is it possible for your brain to hurt and yet you don't have a headache?
- Have I mentioned I don't have nearly enough clothes?
- I am one of the oldest people in my office. I doesn't matter one bit.
- I don't remember being this fulfilled in a long time.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Monday, November 29, 2010
Your Soul Is Connected to the Fall
You are a somewhat sensitive soul with a tough exterior. You are street smart and wise about the world.
You have the heart of a poet, but you're not too eager to let anyone else see it.
You are very creative and deeply talented. You are still looking for the perfect outlet for your expression.
You embrace change and think the cycles of life are beautiful. You don't shrink away from the darker elements of life.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Mama's Baby Bird+Mama+Shopping with Mama's American Express Card=Thinking BIG!
Small Business Saturday Today’s the day - the first ever Small Business Saturday! You did a fantastic job spreading the word in support of small businesses everywhere. Now, let’s get out there to support the businesses we love – Think BIG, shop small!
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
By now, you should be getting some traction on a big project. Momentum is on your side.
Dream up some new way to tell people what's going on today -- there's no reason to be boring and direct. Your great social energy means you can get people to see things in a new way if you try.
Get yours here.
You Are a Maverick
You're a restless rebel with an unpredictable nature.
Bright but unbridled, you tend to seek out wild experiences over new ideas.
People are frustrated by your great potential, but you love your unconventional life.
You're a heartbreaker. People get attached to you, and then you're gone.
Your strength: Your thirst for adventure
Your weakness: Not taking time for slow pleasures
Your power color: Hot pink
Your power symbol: Figure eight
Your power month: March
Friday, November 19, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
- I have millions of dollars waiting for me in Africa.
- I don't ever have to worry about erectile dysfunction ever again.
- My hip injury recall is all taken care of. Whatever that is....
- Single moms make $1,470 per week working from home.
- The Scooter Store wants me to become a client.
- I also have millions of euros waiting for me.
- Alexander McQueen left me all his money!
- There are lots of dating sites for people over 50.
- Olive Garden really misses me.
- Dora is eligible for a Master Card. Platinum.
- If I buy an iRenew bracelet, I will never have a health issue. Ever.
- I have a dead relative in Latvia who left me $12 million.
- Gwyneth Paltrow's blog, GOOP, is alive and well?
- This one is too good not to share a bit:
Email: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
You are advised to contact him with the information's as stated below:
Your full Name........
Preferred Payment Method ( VISA ATM CARD/Cashier Check )
Upon receipt of payment the delivery officer will ensure that your package is sent within 24 working hours. Because we are so sure of everything we are giving you a 100% money back guarantee if you do not receive payment/package within the next 24hrs after you have made the payment for shipping.
Miss Donna Story
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535
Note: Do disregard any email you get from any impostors or offices claiming to be in possession of your ATM CARD, you are hereby advice only to be in contact with Mr. Hofmann Smith Meier of the ATM CARD CENTER who is the rightful person to deal with in regards to your ATM CARD PAYMENT and forward any emails you get from impostors to this office so we could act upon and commence investigation. "
Seriously? I get at least one of these money letters a day now. How many people are these scams working on? At least my erectile dysfunction worries are over.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Disliking Gym Says You Are Thoughtful
You are thoughtful, philosophical, and downright cerebral.
For you, gym is too intense and competitive. You aren't always in the mood for playing hard.
You may or may not be into exercise - but any physical movement you do is under your own terms.
You don't get your happiness through thrills or adrenalin rushes. Your bliss comes from quiet reflection.