Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
You Are a Heart
Your life philosophy can be summed up as, "Love like you've never been hurt."
Your greatest wish is to have harmony in all of your relationships.
You can't help loving people, even when they're incredibly flawed.
You are a true romantic, and you are willing to give almost anyone a second chance.
Friday, July 25, 2008
On the heels of my latest issues:
The Westport Weston Health District today urged local beachgoers to be on the alert for swimmer’s itch, a harmless but annoying skin rash caused by microscopic parasites found in fresh and salt waters.
Swimmer’s itch, also known as cercarial dermatitis, generally occurs in late July or August, the District said in a news release. It is a regular summertime nuisance throughout Connecticut and does not prompt beach closings.
The blame for the itchy skin condition lies with the larval stage of certain worms, which are bird parasites, the District said.
The parasite’s eggs are released into water by water fowl droppings and eventually unsuspecting humans can become victims by swimming or wading in infected recreational waters.
Bumps, resembling mosquito bites, develop on the skin as the body fights off the parasite.
According to the Connecticut State Department of Public Health, symptoms of swimmer’s itch include a tingling sensation that may be felt when the parasite enters the skin.
A mild itching may occur within one to two hours after exposure and lasts for about an hour. A rash appears, 10 to 15 hours later, along with intense itching. The rash usually peaks in three to four days and disappears within a week.
Repeated exposure to the parasite may increase sensitivity and the chance of getting swimmer’s itch.
Can I just get everyone together on this one? I mean. Ewwww.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award which is here: "Arte y Pico".
- We graduated from the orthodontist this month.
- Last Summer Reading book list. Ever.
- Eight impacted wisdom teeth removed from two mouths.
- I am starting to like the music in the grocery store.
- I often find myself home alone. And I like it.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
- Am I the only person who adds dozens of blogs each week to my reading list?
- Is there a way to make money reading blogs?
- Why does it seem that the Humane Society takes every dime I give them, and send me more marketing crap I throw away? Take care of the animals. That's what I want you to do with my money. Thanks.
- If you can avoid it, never sign up to have your bladder muscles tested. Ever.
- Is anyone else out there tired of hearing about Angelina Jolie's twins?
- Yes that icon is a picture of my ceiling fan. It was my mother's, and I have had it in three houses.
- My children leave for college next year, and I am going to cheer myself up with a nice vacation. Where should I go?
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Friday, July 11, 2008
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Today's Aquarius Horoscope: Jul 09, 2008
Things may get a bit rough for you, dear Aquarius, during the next few weeks, especially in the department of love and romance. You are likely to find that adjustments need to be made in your behavior in order for you to sync up with the people around you. Your powers of adaptation will be put to the test, but this is certainly nothing that you can't handle. Give your heart the respect it needs. More...
I feel a temper tantrum coming on.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
The Yule log has been suggested to have been originally a custom amongst the Germanic peoples in tribute to the major Germanic god Thorassociated with Yule. Thor was associated with oak trees, such as Thor's Oak, in surviving references amongst the ancient Germanic tribes.Since the custom survives to varying extent amongst the descendants of the Anglo-Saxons and Scandinavians, cultural connections have been suggested between the modern practice of the Yule log and the ancient veneration of trees associated with Thor.
Among the eastern cantons of Switzerland,the Yule log is an important part of the folk traditions of the winter festivities and there are closer associations to pagan rituals of Wilderness during the Sylvesternacht in Appenzell at the change of the Year, that being the Solstice. (Source: Wikipedia)
I thought so...
Monday, July 7, 2008
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Rainer Maria Rilke
Translation © by Guntram Deichsel, 2003-12-03