I am sitting here this rainy July morning (sweet, wonderful rain) in a pensive state of mind. I have spent a great deal of time this summer just trying to get ready to prepare to think about launching my babies. We are going on a little trip next week to visit yet a few more potential schools, and yesterday, as I mapped out our routes, it occurred to me that I was looking forward to the trip. My children are on the edge of a major life changing and life forming event, and so am I. While I readily admit to living vicariously at times, some things have shifted in my thinking. I am slowly getting my self back. Mentally and physically. And the Universe is inching me into my next phase. Some recent milestones in which I took comfort:
- We graduated from the orthodontist this month.
- Last Summer Reading book list. Ever.
- Eight impacted wisdom teeth removed from two mouths.
- I am starting to like the music in the grocery store.
- I often find myself home alone. And I like it.
I know my heart will be heavy when they go.
But these are signs that I'll be okay.
Any other signs I should be looking for?