Friday, June 18, 2010

Balls

Yesterday, we hosted 4 lovely young girls overnight.
They were part of a visiting youth choir of 60+ members
from Charlotte, North Carolina,
and the concert was absolutely glorious.
The Bird and Augie were away, so we put their rooms to good use.
I had them clean and organize things for our houseguests.
And after the concert, I brought the girls here.
It was late; I got them cookies and milk, and tucked them in.
This morning, they had to be up and back at church by 7.
Did I say the girls were lovely?
They were.
Very.
And so, after I returned home at 7: 15 from delivering these sweet girls?
I found this charming display on the back of Augie's door.
Yes. Basketball shorts. And boxers.
These fancy boxers...
So, um, yeah.
Happy Friday, y'all.

25 comments:

Caution/Lisa said...

I suspect that the girls' greatest regret of their tour is that there was no Augie there to wear those balls boxers. Wait a minute. How old were the girls? I might have to retract my comment.

Kristen said...

Hahahaha! Of all things to be displayed. Too funny :)

Daryl said...

I suspect Caution Flag is right ... they're nice but they arent dead, they're teens .. girl teens!

Tammy said...

Very cute!

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

*snort* He was just claiming his territory ;0)

Nurse Nancy said...

Thanks! Best laugh I have had all week!

Grandmother Mary said...

Teens- you gotta love them! I had a good laugh!

abb said...

Pfffffttt!

Camellia said...

Your boy's got 'em. In the nicest kind of way.

Sandie {A Bloggable Life} said...

HILARIOUS! Next time I'm visiting someone, the first thing I'm doing is checking behind the doors!

shrink on the couch said...

Great balls, I love those boxers!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Balls.

I'm sorry, but that word alone, especially as a title, makes me laugh. This story makes me laugh even more. Thank you!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Oh, and I should mention that my first year at UVA the name of my dorm (in the new dorms) was BALZ. Yes way. We had some fun with that. They've recently torn Balz down.

Deb said...

I always leave something behind...ya think the girls will call to reclaim the boxers????

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hearabout your weekend come Monday.

Actually, I thinki I'd rather hear about Augie's.

LL Cool Joe said...

Great boxers! Of all the things for them to leave behind. :D

Lisa said...

better those balls showing than others!

Land of shimp said...

This made me smile, but only a bit as I'm still in tears over the post about Dora :-)

Karen Deborah said...

how cute!

Nancy said...

LOL! Girls will be girls.

Suz Broughton said...

The sweet lovely ones are the ones you have to watch out for :)

Debbie said...

What Nine Acres said...Snort :)

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Sweet little girls!
<><

kim-d said...

BWAHAHAHAHA! "Balls, said The Queen, if I had 'em, I'd be King!" Next year when the group comes back, I'll bet there will be many, many requests to stay at your house! :D

Country Girl said...

Hey, he hung them up didn't he?! Hilarious!