Thursday, April 24, 2008

Meme-or-able

Okay.  It's meme-time again.  I was planning on taking a meme sabbatical, but this one was fun to read, and I just so happened to have a few random-and-useless-to-anyone-but-you thoughts in my head appropriate for this little exercise.  Working Mom has done it this time.  You should do yourself a favor my dear reader, and pay her a visit.  She is quite funny (her masthead is worth the price of admission).  And also very caring.  My favorite combination in a person. 

The Rules:

a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.


And away we go:

1)  I am 5'9" in my bare feet, but I have profound scoliosis.  My doctors have told me that I would be close to 6' if my spine were straight.  As a result, I don't know which height to use to calculate my BMI. I generally use the 5'9" because I need the motivation to keep my head out of the Fritos.  And the wine rack.

2)  I cannot swallow pills.  Any size at all. The flavor of Advil kinda grows on you after a while.

3)  I believe in reincarnation.  In fact, I am pretty sure I know some of the characters I have been before.  Some are quite colorful.  More on that later.

4)  I actually embrace my age.  And I look forward to the future very much.  That being said,  I am not ruling out a little tweaking here and there.  More here than there.

5)  I am 37.

6)  I am normally a very honest person, but, um, I lied in #5.  I am 48.

There you go.  More fascinating details about me. Aren't you happy you asked me Working Mom?  By the way, I'm not tagging anyone, but would love to see more random details of everyone's lives.  I'd rather surf your blogs than do just about anything else. Really.

11 comments:

Nancy Chisum said...

I enjoyed your random facts. Great post, and I will check out Working Mom! Hope your day is a great one!

Anonymous said...

Can't swallow pills?! I just gave my 8 year old a giant capsule...went right down. So funny.

All the details of my life are random and unrelated.

brneyedgal967 said...

A little tweaking here and there?

Dolly Parton said it best... "If anything is sagging, bagging or dragging, I'll have it nipped, tucked or sucked."

LMAO

Anonymous said...

I love reading random fact about my bloggy friends, too! Just makes you more "real" in this internet land. I'm with ya on the swallowing pills thing. When I was pregnant and was taking a gazillion supplements - some the size of horse pills - I nearly gagged each and every day. It was difficult.

Snooty Primadona said...

I believe in reincarnation too. I didn't used to, but the older I've gotten, the more I believe.

Tweaking eh? I wish I'd started tweaking 10 years ago. Now, I'm afraid if I had anything done, even strangers would be able to tell. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I knew you were younger than me, I just didn't know by how much!

I wonder about reincarnation. Some folks just seem like they've done this before and know all the ropes!

QueenofPlanetHotflash said...

I too believe in reincarnation, spirits etc.. Justa spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down.. in my best Julie Andrews singing voice. Im thinking I need more than a tweak I need a full body tune up..

abb said...

You are so clever with your post titles!

Flea said...

Oh, I already did this one. No thank you.

Pills? We give them to our dogs in peanut butter. Have you tried that? What the heck do you have to lose?

WORKING MOM said...

I love these comments. Great job! I would go with the 6 foot tall number. That's what it is when you are 5'4" like me.

I think I could hear more and more about you. Reincarnation? I do want to hear more.

Thanks for the compliments by the way.

Anonymous said...

This is a great post, well done!