Friday, April 18, 2008

Beautiful Mommy



Remember that one?  One of my all time favorite books as a child was Are You My Mother by P.D. Eastman.   My poor mother must surely have dreaded reading it to us, but bless her heart, she did.  Daily.  Many times a day.

Anyway, for those of you out there looking for new children's books, there's a new one coming out just in time for Mother's Day.  A Florida plastic surgeon has written this special book that explains all the details of mommy's plastic surgery to the kids.  Yup.  Because our little ones don't have enough crap to think about already, we are going to fill their  heads with all the sordid details of our boob jobs and tummy tucks.   Check out this Newsweek article...

My Beautiful Mommy.    Hurry before they run out.

11 comments:

abb said...

Oh for f&^#'s sake!

Treasia Stepp said...

Oh good lord!! Next book will be "why mommy has a new friend who sleeps over".

More books should be written on how it's the beauty within a person that matters most.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm about projecting poor body image onto my daughters. I can't wait until they go in for lipo.

Can't we just stick with potty training books?

PS~ not only did I love "are you my mother" but also "is your mama a llama"!

Anonymous said...

:::shaking head::: That's really awful! There are several atrocious books for kids nowadays.

My girls loved Sandra Boyton books.

Nancy Chisum said...

thats pathetic...maybe we should all write him and tell him what a retard he is....

foolery said...

I suspect many people have already told him what a retard he is, ha ha.

And I really don't have anything against plastic surgery, but it should be like everything else: in moderation, prioritized according to need, and given lots of deep thought. Until a child is old enough to understand those things, why fill their heads?

Flea said...

Are You My Mother is one of my favorite books to read aloud. :) A book on mommy's plastic surgery will never make the favorite list.

Anonymous said...

I. Am. Amazed.

And that doesn't happen often...

Laura ~Peach~ said...

i so agree with tsannie!

Anonymous said...

I think children can wait a little longer to hear about the lengths some mommies will go to in the name of vanity.

I'll stick with Baby Bird and the Snort any old time.

Joanie said...

Are you kidding me? Good God!