Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Sunday Snicker


   One winter morning a husband and wife in northern Minnesota
were listening to the radio during breakfast.  They heard
the announcer Say, "We are going to have 8 to 10 inches
of snow today.  You must park your car on the even-numbered
side of the street, so the Snowplows can get through."
  
       So the good wife went out and moved her car.  A
week later while they are eating breakfast again, the radio
announcer said, "We are expecting 10 to12 inches of
snow today.  You must park your car on the odd-numbered side
of the street, so The snowplows can get through."   

     The good wife went out and moved her car again. 
The next week they are again having breakfast, when the
radio announcer says, "We are expecting 12 to 14 inches
of snow today.  You must park...."  Then the electric
power went out.  The good wife was very upset, and with a
worried look on her face she said, "Honey, I don't
know what to do.  Which side of the street do I need to park
on so the snowplows can get through?"   
  
      With the love and understanding in his voice
that all men who are married to blondes exhibit, the husband
replied, "Why don't you just leave it in the garage
this time."

I think I may know her.  By the way, look what I found in my email box:

I am thinking about ordering it.  Wonder what colors it comes in....

24 comments:

dlyn said...

That snuggie thing is awfully tempting isn't it? I love the poetic commercial about it "then your hands are stuck inside!"

Deb said...

This Snuggie looks as if it would be a great Halloween costume. You could dress as a monk or a Star Wars character. I

Good chuckle for this morning.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

That snuggie things is baffling to me. They all look like monks! I think I am capable of just wrapping a regular blanket around me or making do with a robe without looking like more of a freak than I already do.

I'll keep my 19.95 and buy some wine. That keeps ya warm and is way more fun.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Oh yes, I did mention Costa Rica for your benefit...

Chere said...

Love it, Love it, Love it. The snuggle is a great thing, I think. My Dad ordered one for my Mom for Christmas. He is 80 so give him a break. She got hers and is giving me the extra. Mom really likes hers. I'll check it out.

Anonymous said...

TOG and I were amused when we saw the commerical over the holidays. I'm sure it's warm, but it does look a little monkish!

Lisa said...

Oh go ahead and buy one, then report back to us how you like it. What else do you have to spend your money on now that you are not drinking....as much!? How is the diet going..you haven't said much about it in the last couple days?

Margo said...

I think I'm going to put my robe on backwards and pretend I would be so lucky as to own one of these. I heard somewhere they are selling like crazy.

Ellen said...

Save yourself some money - put your robe on backwards.

Ellen said...

Oops, I forgot - you bought Kinoki pads - go ahead, waste your money. Or take a vacation. To Costa Rica.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this!
I needed a chuckle today!♥

Laura ~Peach~ said...

blue light blue and red and if you do get them do tell if they are all they claim cause we have been talking abotu them too!

Flea said...

Love the joke! Never seen the Snuggie ad. I want the ShamWow, myself.

Anonymous said...

OMG that snuggie thing is bizarre...don't buy it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, now flea, I have shamwow thank to the husband.

MPM, if you get the snuggie. Make sure your hands are free for that glass of Chardonnay!!

Snooty Primadona said...

Well, being blonde, it took me a minute or so before I *got it*.
;-)

Sassy said...

I thought that little blonde joke was hilarious....and seriously if it is cold as they are saying I think that blanket might be a good idea...maybe you could layer them or save $$$ and wrap a cute quilt around you...stay warm...and how are the kiddo's??? Warm I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

These snuggies seem to be the hottest thing. I'm seeing them everywhere, and it seems as if everyone is buying them.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

She looks happy!

Mary said...

My daughter cracks up every time she sees the commercial for Snuggies on TV. Especially the man in the red one -- looks sort of like a satanic monk...
xoxo,
Mary

Kim Sharifi said...

The Snuggie! I think most Californians think this is hilarious, but if I had to deal with the snow that might be another matter. ShamWow guy is also hilarious! You could save money and just put your robe on backwards.

Debbie said...

I think just blue and red. When I saw the commercial, the men looked like either monks or popes.

Good joke though! I'm in a panic because they are calling for snow here and my truck doesn't go in snow. May call Rooster's hubby. CAN'T miss work. They already have an attitude. Grrrrrrr.

Susiewearsthepants said...

I was going to say put your robe on backwards, but I see others also had that brilliant idea!

j said...

I have laughed over the Snuggie for a couple of months now. A backwards house coat is all it is! I was disappointed that there was not a Snuggie under the tree for me though... as much as I made fun of the thing it would have naturally made a great, bloggable, Christmas gift.