Sunday, January 11, 2009

Interview Me!

My first interview with The New Yorker!  Yes, Daryl, The New Yorker!  And here is what she wants to know:

1.  If I didn't know what you looked like, would I know you?  How?  What is it that makes you memorable?   Well, I think if you heard me speak, you would know it was me.  I talk just like I write, and with a Southern accent.  And that, my friends, is what makes me memorable.  Or forgettable.  Depending on what kind of mood you're in.

2. How many pairs of shoes do you have?  Are you really a shoe junkie?  Okay, hold on, I'm going to count.  67.     And if you want to know the sandal and flip-flop count, you'll have to write to me.  I consider that classified information.  Does this make me a shoe junkie?  You tell me, but I don't think I'm even close.

3. When/How did you, Annie and Jules meet?  I met my very good Cocktail Corner friends about ten years ago when I first started dating Squazz.  He introduced us, and when we moved to the "Corner" 4 years ago, things really got interesting;)  By the way, since I am on Day 8 today of my Sonoma Diet, I haven't seen them all week.  And I miss them.  But on a positive note, I am wasting away to nuthin'!

4.  If you could live anywhere, where would that be?  Why?  I am honestly very happy right here in Fairfield County, Connecticut.  We have toyed with the idea of moving to a more moderate climate--I grew up in the South, but I love it here.  I love the pace, my friends, the activities...you name it.  I love to travel, but am always thrilled to come back home.

5.  What do you like about your job?  Well, I am about to be out of the longest running job I have ever had--and the best one ever.  My babies are going to college in August, and I like to think that they are going to be the honest and true citizens I have been nurturing.  After that?  I really want to lay off the volunteer work, and find a paying job.  I need to be with people, and I will need the dollars!  I have an MA in Communications, so if you know anyone in the area who needs a marketing/event management/right hand person, please let me know.  Mama is ready!

So that's it.  Simple.  I am ready to return the favor.

Here are the directions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the
questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview
someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask
them five questions.

Oops...I meant to say the first 5 who said "Interview me." Now, just wait for your questions....

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well whatta ya know...I am the first to raise my hand and say...

INTERVIEW ME.

But nuthin...gross. I don't do gross potty talk on my blog. Sorry-it is just not the Glamorous way.

Can't wait.

shrink on the couch said...

Um, dare I?

Interview me.

So long as I can keep it on the anon side.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

fun stuff ... and dont hold your breath on the roads being unsafe...attitude has as much or more than grades do with it .... but our hard headed MJ does not seem to get it. her brother said he worries about her that she has no social skills and he thinks alot has to do with her association with the gang... he said he has never been so embarrassed in his life.... darn i have done something wrong in my attempts to embarrass him.... anyway he said she is not malicious which I alredy knew ... she is just super immature and that worries me about her ability to function in the real world. sigh.

Flea said...

Not me, chica. Mine will run on Tuesday. But I love yours! You have a southern accent - never even occurred to me. I worked hard to get rid of mine. I'd love to hear yours, though!

Snooty Primadona said...

I loved your answers to Daryl's questions.

Please INTERVIEW ME! As if there is anything I haven't already bared to the blogging world...

Is it okay if I don't have an accent? I dare anyone to say I do.

Unknown said...

That is so ironic that you said you had a southern accent because I got that sense in the way you write...I would try to read it with a northern accent and it just didn't work...

Your interview did not disappoint! Great job and the peek inside who is MPM.

Marlene

Pam said...

I found your posts by way of Georgia Rectors and Country Girl - love your blog and your interview. What a great idea! And, about the shoes...you can neve have too many! Interview away!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I liked it!

And..Yes you are a shoe junkie..same as me! I will never tell how many shoes I have..not even to CdubbleU!

And I wouldnt know you with that accent...All of us Southern Bells around here have one!

Deb said...

So you had twins...boy and girl! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Interview me! Just don't ask about shoes or books!

Big Hair Envy said...

Wait. 67 pairs of shoes, EXCLUDING flip flops and sandals? PLEASE tell me you wear a size 8, and that you are just DYING to donate your hand-me-downs to a blogger friend:)

Southern accent? It's time for you to move to Virginia!!!

Ellen said...

I didn't realize you had a shoe fetish. Oh, I have so much more to learn about you.

Anonymous said...

Wanna interview me? Ive got someone else sending me some questions too on this same meme so I can make it a big ole Barbara Walters special!

Anonymous said...

Hey Now...pic of Barry

http://www.wcmessenger.com/blogs/joeduty/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/_jd35560.jpg

Sassy said...

You might find that I'm crazier than a run over dog but hey what the heck....I'm game! Please interview me...I'll be looking forward to it and I am very impressed about your interview...also be watching for a litle somethin' somethin' in the mail in a couple days my friend.

kim-d said...

Again, I bow to you. Deeply. Because of the 67 pairs of shoes, and also the southern accent. Not to even mention the withering away to nuthin'.

Because I loved your interview, I am saying Interview Me. Feel free to sling the "gross" at me. Unlike The Glamorous Life Association, I do gross potty talk just fine...and not just on my blog, either. BWAHAHAHAHA!

Magpie said...

Where do you keep 67 pairs of shoes?

Daryl said...

Fun .. I enjoyed learning a bit more .. and now when I read your posts I will 'hear' your accent

Anonymous said...

I have 66 pairs of shoes...I am so glad you beat me.

Anonymous said...

I am so telling my boyfriend that 67 pairs of shoe doesn't make you a shoe junkie. 'Cause I'm about even with ya and he SWEARS I'm one. What can I say, I love the shoes!

Country Girl said...

This is great. I love learning about all my blogging friends.

Debbie said...

Can't get past 67 shoes. I couldn't come near that if I even counted bedroom shoes and ripped tennys. This was good Mama and I'm glad to hear such a positive attitude for the future after the nest is empty. More proud of that than the weight loss, but that's wonderful too!