Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Miss Hower Chimes In

Miss Ives, blogger extraordinaire, would you permit me to add a couple of colorful details?  

First, thank you for allowing me to maintain some dignity in that shame-faced restaurant moment regarding the dreaded champignons.   My memory is mostly of that look, that shared moment, between you and the waiter when you both rolled your eyes a little in my direction.  It was a moment that said, "Sure, I'm here enjoying my friend's hospitality, but I cannot guarantee her intelligence."  It was a moment when the two of you acknowledged to one another (silently) that, despite my dewy Laslo skin and cute sweater, I was a linguistic moron or, as the French might say, an imbecile! 

Merci.

***A note from Mental P Mama:  Miss Hower has somehow managed to become a guest contributor to MY blog!  Love ya baby!  Now a note to self: teach her how to log me off her computer....

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to throw a little lighter fluid on the fire, your dewy skinned girlfriend is still ordering things like "Frisee salad, but hold the frisee. I don't like it....please." All delivered in a fetching tone, cute sweater and fab-u-lous shoes. FYI, I think La Praire has replaced your old friend, Laslo.
KK

Laura ~Peach~ said...

giggles that SO sounds like something I would do...

Keetha said...

What a great story! Everyone should be so lucky to have a friend like that.

Big Hair Envy said...

I know that look. Imbecile!

Debbie said...

Kind of like me and Rooster, however, you and your dear friend are classier than we'll ever be! LOL

Friendships are precious and meant to be cherished! Great two posts!

Love the stories. Keep em coming...

Anonymous said...

Bwahahaha! Awesome.

Unknown said...

That is the look of true friendship. I wish I had a best buddy like that.

Marlene

Daryl said...

Too funny ...

Daryl said...

Oh and what is it with frisseeeee? I detest it, even pigs prefer ice berg lettuce to it

Cool Breeze said...

There are always two sides to the story ...

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Dignity is very important when one is on a wine-less diet.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Yes...it sounds like she knows you and loves you anyway! I have a friend like that!

kim-d said...

Hello? MPM? I think this Miss Hower person sounds like a hoot; a good match for YOU!!!

And also...I did my interview and it is posted on my blog. Very fun, my friend. Thanks for the fun questions.