Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What a Day!

One of the best perks I have found since I started this blog is the amount of smart, creative people I have 'met.' Now, I totally love my 'in person' friends--I mean, Cocktail Corner is pretty much a utopia for me. But there is something about all you great folks out there sharing your recipes, families and puppies with the world.

For instance, yesterday, my friend Tammy in Oklahoma and I had a very busy day. It all started when she named me the winner of a Name This Photograph contest. Too fun for words, and I won a gift certificate to Target!! She went on to post two more hilarious musings, and then, a horrifying account of a coyote attack on her little shih-tzu Chappy in the afternoon. Needless to say, I am so caught up in all this, that I could barely sleep.

The good news this morning is that Chappy is doing much better. The bad news is that I either need to head to the closest therapist's couch or get a life. Probably both. In the meantime, get well Chappy! Love, Aunt LaLa

3 comments:

brneyedgal967 said...

Oh sweetie - thank you. My eyes welled up with tears reading this. Probably because I'm just a big emotional raw nerve right now.

No phone calls in the middle of the night from the hospital, so that's good news. As soon as I drop MY Lauren off to school I'll head over to see Chappy and will report on his condition.

You're obviously a dog lover too, so you know, they're like your children in a way. Thank you, it means so much.

-Tammy

Anonymous said...

I have tagged you. Please come to my site for instructions!

(I feel like the beginning of a Mission Impossible episode!)

Anonymous said...

Oh,what a story...I am fur-klempt...sorry to hear Chappy is not chipper..perhaps a little Chapstick will help little Chappy...think happy thoughts!