Wednesday, March 25, 2009

VIA Starbucks


If you've spent more than 30 seconds reading any of my previous posts, then you know I am a nuisance happy volunteer to try something new.  So, when Asthma Girl asked for volunteers to try the new instant coffee from Starbucks, guess who got in on it?  Yup.

First of all, if any of you have ever received anything from her, that handwriting is like a fairy tale.  Seriously, AG, you should start a calligraphy business.  Even Squazz commented on the beauty of the envelope.  And I need you to know: that is rare.  But, I am off track, and that is not rare.

Anyway, the VIA:  it is surprisingly Stabucksesque.  And, yes, that is a word.  It is not like any other instant coffee I have ever had, and I must confess to being a Keurig K-cup girl.  The beauty of the VIA (which is Italian for "road") is that you can take it on the road.  If you are on the go, or in a hurry, I would recommend this easy way to get your joe.  It has the distinctive Starbucks well-roasted flavor, and it is wonderfully packaged in its own easy to carry slim pack.

Even though I am not a Starbucks coffee devotee, I do like their latte;), I would truly recommend this for ease of portability and convenience.  Mama's Grade: B+

Asthma Girl's Penmanship: A+

18 comments:

Flea said...

Very nice! Good to know. Thanks for the review!

Unknown said...

Well, I am a Starbucks girl, and now I"m wondering why Michelle #3 hasn't told me about this VIA stuff.

shara said...

I am not a coffee girl, but HAD to read about it. I do like Starbucks Passion Herb Tea... yum... (w/ one Splenda, please).

Shawn said...

Not a Starbucks drinker here either BUT I do have to say that was a very well-written review.

I think you should end up The Food Channel or something.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mama! I still have about 3 packets left so I guess I could try it now!

You're a doll!

Country Girl said...

Sounds good to me when you're in a pinch.
And I've love to see her handwriting. I love handwriting.

I Am Woody said...

I really, really wish I liked coffee - it smells SO good!!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Awesome. How much does ASthma Girl charge for this handwriting and how do I place my order?

Unknown said...

I have heard that quality handwriting is a sign of a sane mind...

Great review and now I am gonna stop in the morning to hunt some down on my way to the office.

bernthis said...

yeah, I just found another non coffee drinker, Shara. I thought I was the only one.

Sassy said...

Look at you...always willing to help a friend!!!!

Suz Broughton said...

will try...I am slowly being converted to a Starbucks fan.

Sally's World said...

great, trying it

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I'll give the coffee a try. I love some good coffee!

Anybody has better handwriting than the chicken scratch I have. Even my doctor!

Daryl said...

Sadly I didnt qualify for the Starbucks give-away from AG ... I jumped up and down, wrote effusive comments, blew her Tweet kisses .. Mazel Tov'd her on her grandson .. and nothing, nada, nil,zilch, zero, goose egg, not.. sigh.. she always did like you best

Anonymous said...

I'm with Daryl, I'm pretty sure I didn't qualify either... I don't even know what the qualifications were, lol!

Nice review MPM! Next time I'm at Starbucks I might give it a try.

Debbie said...

Starbucks is a special occasion for me. This, however, would be good to keep on hand. Thanks for the tip, mama :)

Anonymous said...

I hope Starbucks gives you all a free latte for this.