Monday, March 9, 2009

Bloggy Love

Since I decided to stop paying so much attention to the media hysteria news last week, I have started noticing the nicer things in my life.  And there is a lot of good stuff out there.  Like my blog buddies.  When I started this madness known as blogging, I never imagined how many friends I would have out there by the end of my first year.  And I consider you all my friends.  I love our chats.  I love our laughs.  I love how you make me think.  And I love being Mental P.

One of my first blog friends was Kate.  She is a kind, generous, loving friend who lives with her husband and beautiful border collie George in an historic house in Maryland that George Washington reportedly visited.  Really.  I have even invited myself down for a visit.  I am hoping Daryl and Annie will go with me, but I keep forgetting to tell them about this plan.  Anyway, Kate takes amazing pictures and is on a new streak of adding wonderful textures to everything she gets her hands on...  I pimped out her texturized goldfinch shot a few weeks ago when she had a giveaway.
I didn't win, but that's okay.  You can see her amazing work on her photo site and her Etsy shop.  Kate sometimes takes pity on me and gives me a present anyway.  Like this one:
This is one of my favorites, and I have it framed and hanging here in my office with me.  If that doesn't make you smile, there is something wrong with you.  I am serious.  If you're not smiling, then just get straight to the doctor.

Last week, I sent her some pictures of my new red cowboy boots.  I took them on an outing to the beach.  I still haven't worn them, and I don't know when I'll get around to that, but in my defense, they are too much fun to play with.  They're like my own grown-up barbie doll.  Maybe I should go to the doctor.  
But on a serious note, look at those puppies.  You can't beat a good texture on your red cowboy boot shot.  Nope.  Go visit Kate.  You'll be glad you did, and you won't think about the crappy news at all.  I promise.  I am going to share the bloggy love all week.  Won't you join me?  It makes you feel good.  I promise.

30 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

and dont forget the phone calls from peach and company when you are at annies at the party LOL.
LOVE the boots you really should wear them!!!!

Snooty Primadona said...

Hot Damn Girl! You need to strut those puppies with a cute short skirt!!! I would and I do... wear mine with short, full skirts. It drives Mr. Snoots wild!!! So get your boots on!

Shawn said...

Wow, those boots look great in that shot. I think they look great period but Kate can just do amazing things can't she.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Those boots just scream dancing. I hope they make the trip in July.

Unknown said...

Wow. Your boots are cool : ). Grown up boots for Barbie. Totally!

Unknown said...

I love Kate too...you picked a great one for Bloggy love.

I was thinking about doing something similar and featuring a blogger every week...Pimping My Friends, I want to call it...

I think you shouldn't ever wear the boots but continue taking random photos of them all over the place...it would make a great coffee table book. "These Boots Weren't Made For Walking"

Feeling a little better or it's just the pain killers are REALLY good.

Anonymous said...

Those boots are awfully good looking. Are you saving them for the Harley?

Anonymous said...

Love Kate's photography and your boots! Looking at the picture you have hanging in your office makes me feel calm.

Anonymous said...

I love Kate and her blog! Her great photography. Her wry wit. I'm really liking her texture phase.

I also love and adore your red cowboy boots. Now, they wouldn't really sell around here in the midwest...but, of course, that would really stop me from wearing them if I had them. (or playing with them like you do) ;-)

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love "bloggy love"! Go get 'em girl!
And yeah... those boots are all that!

Ellen said...

You are going to stop for me on the way to see Kate, aren't you? Especially since you drive right past my house on the way! And my "facilities" are so much nicer than the turnpike rest stops.

Love the boots and the photo effects Kate applied. She's got such an "eye". Of course, you chose those boots, so you have "the eye" too. I am so looking forward to meeting her too.

abb said...

You are having a little too much fun with those boots! I'm just sayin'.

Treasia Stepp said...

Kate is such a dear and you couldn't have chosen a better bloggy. Yeah I agree those boots are screaming for a sawdust dance floor. Go boot skootin MM and take some pics for us.

Deb said...

I understand not wanting to wear those babies yet. One scuff mark and they are no longer "virgin" red cowboy boots!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Love the boots but are they really yours. I want to see them on your feet!

Trisha said...

Good for you for ignoring the news! Sometimes that is the only way to maintain a positive attitude!

Daryl said...

I am so there .. when do we go? The only weekend I can NOT go is April 23-26 because I am going to South Beach ...

Keetha said...

WHAT a great photo of the red boots! It makes me re-think my stance on my old boots. Maybe I should invest in some red ones, too. They look so jaunty and fun. Get those bad boys on and strut around.

imbeingheldhostage said...

STILL love your new barbie doll-- seriously. Snooty's right, mini skirt MP?

I love the textured pic (I accidently typed an "s" instead of a "c" totally new meaning)... a big lavender shot just may keep my home relaxed :-)

Sassy said...

I have been looking for something to drive my boyfriend wild {according to Snooty} I think I need some boot scootin red boots and a short full skirt {of course if I wore it it would be full}...Well...if you ever make it to AZ...you better look me up...and you would be right at home in boots in the great Southwest...♥ the lavendar...it is very calming...love it!

Joanie said...

I am so wondering, have you worn the boots yet? :-) Thanks for the smiles today, I think I'll follow your advice!!

Anonymous said...

Will Cowboy Boot Barbie need her own room at the Blog Fest?

Would you consider hosting a weekly "Share the Bloggy Love" type of thing? It would be fun for us to recognize all of the wonderful friends we have made out there!!!

Country Girl said...

Hey, it's me. I'm speechless with the wonderful things you've said about me and I'm glad we've become friends.
I am just so touched and going to stay tuned for more bloggy love.

Anonymous said...

That Kate, she does good work! I love, love how the boots turned out. So cool! Have you worn them yet?

Anonymous said...

you can take the girl out of nashville, but....

Suz Broughton said...

I love Kate's blog. She was one of the first photo sites I ever read. She is insanely talented. I think I found her through you.
Isn't blogging just great?

bernthis said...

I could not agree with you more. I have laughed more hanging out with these women and emailing back and forth then I have in a long time.

Hilary said...

Aww that's so sweet. Kate is a wonderful choice for showing your bloggy love. Nicely done. :)

Susan English Mason said...

I read every bloggy love post and I love it! What a great idea. What is this July blogger fest of which you speak?

foolery said...

Oh Kate is so very talented. And I even like your red boots, though I have never been a cowboy boot aficionado (live too close to the cow poop to appreciate the style, I guess).

I'll bet you money you'll wear 'em to the BlogFest in July!