Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bloggy Love: GRITS, GLITS and GLIMS

I am still ignoring the news and spreading the bloggy love.  Today, we are going to celebrate lots of my bloggy buddies.  To make things easier, I have divided them into three groups.  Try to follow along.

GRITS -- If you are one of these, you already know who you are.  GRITS are very near and dear to my heart because I am one.  I just happen to live in Connecticut right now--that may all change when I go to college with The Bird.  Girls Raised In The South are a special lot.  Funny, charming, witty, pretty and outstanding cooks, GRITS are good bloggy friends as well.  We have our Virginia girls-- Chesapeake Bay Woman, Big Hair Envy, Marlene, and Noe Noe Girl--and I cannot wait to finally meet them at the Blogfest in July.

Flea lives in Oklahoma--she is a true GRITS, and she is incredibly talented.  She made me a neck wrap for our Pay it Forward days, it is filled with aromatics and you can zap it in the microwave for a spa experience...
and she made me my very own smocked blouse.  It is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen.

Other fun Okies are Lisa (a retired DARE cop and an incredibly talented photographer) and Tammy (a tireless ball of energy and a kook;). Check them out, and then hop over to Arkansas and pay Treasia a visit. Her Frugal Fridays are inspirational.

Another wonderful GRITS is Keetha.  She is in Mississippi (where I was born, early on a frosty morn, look away, look away, look away Dixieland).  As a matter of fact, we share the same birthday-- just a different year.  A decade to be exact.  I don't hold her youth against her, however, and neither should you.  Keetha sent me a postcard of one of my favorite college posters:
And for my birthday, I got a copy of her book!  A fantastic memoir and cookbook.  I love this so much I don't have time to be envious that this child is already published!
GLITS--These are the Girls Living In The South.  I don't know if they are actual GRITS, so I created this category for them.  If I made a mistake, I'm sorry. Please set me straight.  Anyway, in Georgia, we have lots of GLITS. Debra (another great photographer), Deb (a transplant whose husband thinks I'm an ax murderer), and Peach (who doesn't know Peach?).

In Texas, you'll find Snooty Primadonna (she was Lucille Ball's housekeeper in a former life!)  And now she is attempting to become a scratch golfer. And Trisha--a real trooper.

Arizona--I am calling this the South, so bear with me.  It's hot there. We have my good friend Sassy who sent me this clipboard that she decorated just for me!
And Pouty, who won the sheep from a contest at Kate's that I so desperately wanted?  She sent it to me.  How nice is that???
GLIMS -- Girls Living In Middle States -- another creative group.  Kacey (amazing photographer and recent empty-nester), Caution (busy and wise mother/teacher/diplomat), Maria (she of the turtles in the garden--I cannot wait for them to wake up), Starwood Gal (wonderful cook who just went to PW's new Ranch House!), and Kim (in the process of starting a whole new career--with some side trips and observations on life).

These ought to keep you busy for a while.  I'll be back with the two coasts and our offshore friends later.  Remember:  Stay away from the news and the stock market.  You do, however, have my permission to finish your taxes.  You're welcome.

27 comments:

Hilary said...

Great tribute to your gritty pals. ;)

Unknown said...

How cool is that? Thank you for introducing me to all your GGGGirls!

Sassy said...

Okay...got the shock of my life seeing my blog listed....holy cow!!!! You know I think the world of ya...and yes it is HOT here!!!! Thank you...you're da bomb baby!

littletoesandcheerios said...

That's a great group of girls.

Unknown said...

I am honored to be on your list! And it is true...I am southern born, and southern bred, and I gonna be southern, til the day I am southern dead.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Wow, that's a lot of friends. I am honored to be listed in their midst. You have a wonderful network, and I will certainly go check out some of their blogs.

And now I'm hungry for some grits....

Anonymous said...

ARGH, taxes. Don't remind me.

Anyway, thanks for the mention. I love visiting all these blogs you're linking to this week!

RiverPoet said...

Oh, Oh, Oh! (jumping up and down)

I'm a GRITS, too! I was born in Georgia and raised in TX and GA. My BFF in NC and I love anything GRITS-related.

And I hope to see you in July, too!

Peace - D

kim-d said...

I am a GLIM and I couldn't be happier! I was loving this bloggy love of yours before, but now I am absolutely blown away--I did not expect to find a link to me! I am SO excited! :)

This is so fun!!!

abb said...

You get nice presents. I are jealous!

Anonymous said...

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God!

Thanks for the shout-out, Mama! We are ALL just dyin' to meet you in July as well!

Why do I need to look after The Bird? Didn't you say you were going to college WITH her? Bwahahaha!

Deb said...

Wow! Nice job MPM! One thing we all have in common is that we are GIRLS! Thank God we aren't the other sex...ewwww!

Daryl said...

Nice job, GRIT ...I love that Ski poster .. and your clipboard ..

Did you get the cc of the email I sent CBW? I am in. Definitely.

Caution/Lisa said...

Thank-you, Miss Mama. With all of those recommended sites, I suspect I am never going to get out of this chair today.

Anonymous said...

(giggling)

Yes, I'm a GLIM GRIT!

Born in New Orleans, lived in Baton Rouge until I was 12 and moved to Arkansas. This is as far north as I get. :)

Trisha said...

Love the Grits and Glits! Thanks for mentioning me!

Ellen said...

Blog friends - the list goes on and on and on. So many friends we'd never have met with out our blogs!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Nothing better than a Southern gal with Southern hospitality! All by the grace of God as we say here. Come on down there's plenty of room and plenty of friends waiting. You'll see at the blogfest! Cant wait!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

thank you for the shout out... can I be a grit if born in missouri lived in the mid west for 19 years and then moved to georgia 22 almost 23 years ago? my darling hubby and children affectionately call me their DAMN YANKEE... I sometimes think the emphasis is on DAMN... but they love me and LOVE my SOUTHERN cooking (thank you mother in law for sharing your knowledge so freely)
I had to laugh at what you said about me LOL... that could be taken several ways :O
Have a wonderful day MPM and you can talk to me now our 86 --88 degree weather is gone it is a lovely 63 today and gonna be cooler tomorrow LOL

Keetha said...

You're the best. :-) Much thanks!

I'm looking forward to visiting with all this grits, glits, and glims gals.

Treasia Stepp said...

Very proud to be a GRITS. I am honored to have made your list. Bless your little heart.

Anonymous said...

Many of those blogs I already enjoy! The rest I will be checking out. So sweet the way you are spreading the love!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I am definitely a GLIT :) I love being a Georgia girl and don't miss Wisconsin or Chicago one bit. Okay, I miss Chicago's FOOD and SHOPPING. They are both nice places to visit, but I am a southerner now. Thanks for the honorable mention!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I'm partial to any club with a little grit in it!

mom x 2 said...

Ima GRIT too..... Raised for the first 14 years in OK and in VA for the last 26 :) Can't wait to meet you at Blogfest!

And I've given up on watching the news. It's entirely too depressing!

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have gotten that sheep!

Country Girl said...

I must say that the sheep looks quite content in this setting. I am glad she is happy.

Love the bloggy love.