Thursday, September 16, 2010

This-n-That Thursday

Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most:
  • The Bird had a 24 hour communications blackout for a media class yesterday. I hated every minute of it.
  • I think it is very difficult to buy a get well card for someone you don't know well.
  • I had a dream last night that I was changing a baby's dirty diaper, and it took about an hour. I am so glad that was not an issue when I had infant twins all those years ago...
  • I ate tagliatele with wild boar sauce in Tuscany. It was delicious!
  • I have learned that the older I get, well, the older I get.
  • What's your favorite body lotion?
  • I ate chestnut pasta with chicory, pecorino cheese and artichoke hearts in Tuscany. Have mercy.
  • I also ate a caesar salad and lasagna in Rome. Hey. When in Rome...
  • I wear my drugstore reading glasses everywhere. Even to drive. My ophthamologist says that's just fine.
  • I gained 15 lots of pounds on my italian vacation...
  • I guess that explains the aching knees and back.
  • I also ate fresh figs off the trees every day in Tuscany...
  • And pecorino cheese slathered with fig preserves...
  • And Tuscan sangiovese wine....
  • But the very best thing about Tuscany is the people...never have I met a group as warm and beautiful as they. I cannot wait to return.

17 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Just reading all the wonderful things you ate has added 5 pounds to my already increasing waistline!

I loved Italy too. :)

Daryl said...

My mouth is watering, what delish food so it was enjoyable to the max to gain those lbs ..

I swear by, and have recommended before, Kiehl's Superbly Restorative Argan Body Lotion ... my skin is drier than the Sahara ... this helps a lot

Maybe buy a blank card with a pretty picture on the front, floral is usually a nice motiff, and write Get Well inside and sign it .. ta da .. done

big hair envy said...

Your food listing is making me drool. I hope no one in the office see it!

Body lotion? Oil of Olay Quench Plus Shimmer:

http://www.olay.com/skin-care-products/body-lotion/daily-lotion-shimmer?pid=075609026485

I also use the body wash:)

big hair envy said...

*sees* GAH!

Gayle said...

How lovely to have enjoyed every little moment of Tuscany. You have surely learned to be greatful for "moments". Good for you!

Oh, my fave, fave, FAVE lotion is Thymes eucalyptus......he soothes the soul (and the sole). Heh.

deborah said...

fabulous food, fabulous trip! I'm drooling;)
I use Lubriderm, nothing fancy..drugstore variety.
Daryl has the best idea for the get well card, I think.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Take me next time, I beg you.

Favorite body lotion...whatever kind I'm using when my blog friend takes me on her next trip to Tuscany where we drink wine and eat lasagna and figs all day long.

Hilary said...

Oh Tuscany sounds like heaven.

You made me laugh with "I hated every minute of it." I'm quite happy with my hour long phone calls every couple of weeks.

I use baby oil just before getting out of the shower.

Keetha said...

I want that chestnut pasta with the chicory and pecorino cheese and such.

And I love fig preserves.

The other night I dreamed I jogged from Leland to Greenville, Mississippi (about 10 miles) and it seemed a normal state of events.

Debbie said...

Um... is this going to be a quarterly trip? You go girl!!

All the food sounds lovely. I'm currently eating scrambled eggs with ww toast/honey. Boring...

Any lotion that has no scent! I like Gold Bond or Aveeno. Boring.

noble pig said...

OMG I want all that food now!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

love the fly trap(previous post) and nightmare of changing a dirty diaper lol

abb said...

Buy a big house over there - you're gonna have a LOT of visitors!

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Can I go with you when you go?

Country Girl said...

I want that chestnut pasta. Oh, Lord. And well, everything.

I used to use Amazing Grace but am actually liking something I bought from Bath & Body. It's thick and rich.

shrink on the couch said...

I can remember a diaper or two that seemed to take an hour. Or forever. I do not miss those exploding diapers.

Tuscany. Ah. Just the word conjures up heaven. I want to go there someday. When I am planning my trip, expect a call?

Flea said...

Oh my. Tuscany sounds like heaven. Except for the fig part.