Friday, September 17, 2010

My Sky- One Week Ago:

Last Friday morning, Tuscany painted me a farewell picture:
The same valley 24 hours before:

Blue Skies in Tuscany
Blue skies in Tuscany,
Distant curving hills,
Cypresses and olive groves...
And flower-strewn rills.

Villas...and oak trees,
Old and evergreen,
Swallowtails that dance the hours;
Small lizards rarely seen.

The Oriole's lone recital
From a shaded bough;
Soft, warm breezes
That waft the cloudlets slow.

Lilac and yellow broom...
A splash of brightest hue;
Large, dark metallic bees
That visit swift and true.

Hot Sun...and strong scents;
The grasshopper that rasps its joy...
Amidst the lilting grasses...
That beckon and alloy.
~Hugh David Loxdale

Sigh. Happy Friday, everyone.

19 comments:

Trisha said...

Wow! Tuscany certainly did give you a beautiful going away picture, didn't it?

Rural Rambler said...

Tuscany Gorgeous you luck YOU!

I Am Woody said...

Wow! That is breathtaking!

Hilary said...

That's more than a farewell picture.. it's a loving kiss goodbye.

Keetha said...

My. Word. That is beautiful! Made me sigh, too.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

just beautiful!

Bluebird49 said...

Wow-you live a life I can hardly dream of living. Good for you---live it to the fullest while you can.

LL Cool Joe said...

Nice photo!

shrink on the couch said...

Oh! and Ohhhhh!

Country Girl said...

This is the view from the place where you stayed? Oh, it's heaven.

My book came!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Deb said...

Sorry that you had to say goodbye to this beautiful sky...but the memories will stay with you forever....

Patty said...

Beautiful photos and poem, happy week-end to you and family.

Debbie said...

Was here this morning but didn't want to be the first to comment.

I'm weird.

It's gorgeous and I think you should take us all with you next time.

However, we will have to check out any hotel we stay in...eeewwwwww :)

Suz Broughton said...

Sigh is right. Someday I'll go. Someday.

Jen said...

Tuscany is on my list of places to see before I die. These pictures make me wish I could make it sooner than later. (The visiting, not the dying...)

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Gorgeous.

Shelley Jaffe said...

'that waft the cloudlets slow...'.I want to go to there.

Joanie said...

So beautiful...you are so lucky to have been there!

I got my iPod touch...thank you ever so much!!! I love, love, love it!!!!

Have a blessed day!

Daryl said...

Thats some glorious view even with the low lying clouds