Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Ad Nauseum



Well, I made it. Barely. I think I am ready to call an end to the whole Birthday Week thing. It used to be cute--at least I thought it was--but now I'm just not so sure. I have been spoiled rotten the last week. I am blessed with a family and friends who made sure I was sufficiently
fed and "watered."
I now think I may have gout.

To recap: after much practicing, my "surprise" brunch was on Sunday. It was so, so much fun that my cheeks still hurt from smiling. Annie has a picture of us that was thankfully taken rather early in the day. I finally looked at all the pictures we took, and have decided that I will be discreet at publishing them. My kids read this.



Speaking of kids, they made it home last night from a little trip to Turks and Caicos. It was eleven degrees here at home when I finally pryed my eyes open yesterday. Meanwhile, they were swimming. Anyway, as I was saying, they went on a little junket with their father and stepmother, but were happy to come home to be with dear ol' mom for her big day! Plus they had to get back to school.


We had a great dinner prepared by my husband Squazz. We call each other Squazz, although I'm not sure why. Some more "water," and a cake he produced that I honestly believe could feed everyone on our street. So if you are around these next few days, come on by and have some. I don't think I can eat another bite. Of anything. At least until our bridge game tomorrow.

Is it hot in here?

1 comment:

abb said...

What fun! Maybe it was good I had to leave early! ;-)
xoabb