Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What's on Your Television?

Yesterday, Suzanne in the Slanted Little House, gave a photographic tour of her (temporary) kitchen in a little ditty about days gone by. It really struck a chord with me because Suzanne's kitchen was last updated circa 1960; I am a child of the sixties. I remember the formica tables, linoleum floors and dust -- er-- glass collections.

As she was concluding her trip down memory lane, she mentioned Petticoat Junction. I loved Petticoat Junction. Especially the beginning when they were swimming in the water tower, and they grabbed their clothes. Oh, I wanted to be there. And I really wanted Aunt Kate to make me some fried chicken and iced tea. Not to mention the fact that Oliver and Lisa Douglas lived just down the road...

In honor of that fine television-viewing era gone by, here are some shows that I think the networks should bring back during the writers' strike. We could all use a little dose of these classics:
  • Big Valley
  • Mod Squad
  • Dragnet
  • Peyton Place
  • Laugh-In
  • Mission Impossible
  • Get Smart
  • Twilight Zone
  • The Sonny and Cher Hour

This would be a nice start. Suggestions?

5 comments:

abb said...

My favorites?



Bonanza, The Virginian and my all time favorite comedy show? The Carol Burnette Show, (tho that was in the late 60's).

Mental P Mama said...

I loved Carol Burnett!

Ginny said...

Lost in Space! I loved hating Dr. Smith, and I loved the episode where June Lockhart put their dirty clothes in the washer/dryer, pushed the botton and they came out folded and wrapped in celophane, the way Robby's shirts come from the dry cleaner. As a kid I congratulated myself on my good taste when I read that it was JFK Jr.'s favorite show too.

Robot Dancers said...

The Facts Of Life and Different Strokes!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Laugh-In for sure. I need about a gazillion laughs to get through this winter.