Thursday, January 3, 2008

Oy Y'all

One thing you should know about me is that I started out life as a Southern Girl. My momma was one of those who would rather have you display your perfect party manners than feed you. And she was a nice one. After I left her watchful eyes and moved to New York, I let go of some of the protocol; just ask my husband how genteel I can be.

Even still, I have now lived in the New England 'burbs for 25 years, and you'd think I'd be accustomed to the people who just don't give a crap about anyone else. But I can't get over it. I can't get over the four men today who let the doors of the pharmacy, the bookstore and the grocery store SLAM in my face; AND MY HANDS WERE FULL. Yes, I know I'm shouting, but didn't their mommas teach them anything? Where's the love people?

Phew, is it hot in here?

No comments: