Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Scale is Satan

Okay, well maybe I need to be real with myself, but I am tired of being heavy. This is the first time in my life that weight has ever been an issue for me. I now weigh 5 pounds more than I did the day after I had twins. That is an ugly reality.

Even uglier is the fact that after 4 days of being really good, and losing two whole pounds, is that we had our bridge game/get together last night. Apparently, I am incapable of playing bridge without consuming vats of potato chips, dip, pretzels and wine. All this, mind you, before DINNER and RUM CAKE. Thank you very much.


Some bridge snacks. Notice how small the bowl of carrots is...

Some bridge wine. Notice how empty. Not for long...

The good news is that I came in second place and won five dollars. We are playing again in two weeks. God help me.

2 comments:

abb said...

Wanna come over for a glass of the grape stuff??? ;-)

Jules said...

Wah, Wah, Wah...You could be worse and what would you do without wine.........:)