Monday, January 14, 2008

I'll See You in the Funnies

I've always thought that the comics pages in the newspaper got a bum rap. I mean, if you think about it, there can be some absolute truths snuggled in those little boxes. Take For Better or For Worse. I have followed the lives of the Patterson family for a long time, and, well, I'm beginning to relate a little too much to them. Take today's strip for instance. Elly, girlfriend, I feel your pain. And if my husband ever pulled a "John" on me, he'd live to regret it. Seriously.

On a lighter note, we were supposed to have a foot of snow last night. I spent a good portion of the day yesterday in a dreamy preparation for a snow day. We got a dusting. I'm still taking a snow day though, and I think I'll start by cancelling my appointment at the gym.

3 comments:

Ginny said...

Lauren dear,
To my mind the comics are very, very important. The first line I ever read, out loud, to my father, was "I have a sliver in my finger" from the Charlie Brown strip. Remember that Sunday afternoon like it was yesterday. Alas, we only get the NY Times, and comics are far too plebian for them. So I am without.

Mental P Mama said...

Ginny--

I feel your pain, girlfriend, that's why we get the Times and a local paper, too. I need my comics! Ah to be a kid and sprawled on the floor with the Sunday funnies. Pure bliss...

Jules said...

I use the comic pages as my wrapping paper...very fun...ny
Jules