Friday, January 4, 2008

Way Too Much Time on My Hands

Someone please stop me. I am mothering the men working on my garage doors this morning. When we scheduled the appointment yesterday, I fretted aloud with the dispatcher whether or not it would be too cold for them to work today. Okay Lauren, reality check; they have chosen this line of work. They live in the northeast. Cold happens.

Well, here they are, and surer than sugar, I've already been out there twice asking them if they need any coffee or mittens.

I really do have issues. Last year, my good friend Ann informed me in no uncertain terms that the second half of her life was going to be a heckofalot different from the first half. We have these chats often because we live in an area known to many as Cocktail Corner, and we tend to have cocktails here in our neighborhood. And since I intend to keep things real here at Mental Pause Central, we often have a lot of cocktails. More on this at a later date.

In the meantime, someone please stop me. I think I need to find more to do today and for the second half of my life; those guys in my driveway are starting to look scared. I'm serious.

3 comments:

abb said...

Now Ms. LaLa -
Not until you begin posting multiple daily blog entries - that's when you'll know time is weighing heavily upon you.......well, if you begin to INSIST that the workers come on in the house and set themselves down and have a good hearty bowl of soup - and they better slurp up every last drop, dammit, yep, it'll be trouble time for Ms. LaLa!

xoabb

Mental P Mama said...

Ann--kthx. Is it cocktail time yet?

ALF said...

Found your site from dooce's - just stopped by to say hi!

We had garage door installers the other day - they didn't actually install the garage door, however...