Saturday, May 8, 2010

Must-See Owl TV

Sorry. My owl fixation is becoming an issue for me as well as my family. But you MUST watch this clip. It is a pair of barn owls in England who successfully raised a clutch of 8. Yes, EIGHT owlets during one of the rainiest summers in history. If you don't know, barn owls cannot fly in rain. Which means that they cannot hunt and feed their babies. That these owls were able to succeed in that weather is, basically, a miracle. This is such a sweet tribute to the pair, and the music is hauntingly perfect. Enjoy! And if you need more owlet action, you can always pop in on Molly and McGee's brood. Happy Saturday my friends.

14 comments:

Hilary said...

They are so neat to watch. Wonderful creatures.. thanks for sharing this.

abb said...

How different their hunting behavior is from their California counterparts.
That was beautiful.

Tammy said...

That was so cool! Thanks for sharing.

Daryl said...

I know, this is the free taste and then we get hooked like you are ... I have no will power ...

Ellen said...

I'd say you are owl obsessed.

LL Cool Joe said...

Beautiful video, and yes the music was very haunting too!

Have a great weekend!

Patty said...

They're beautiful and how amazing that they did survive. Thanks for sharing. Happy Mother's Day.

Unknown said...

Amazing! I am hooked on two owl cams, two hummingbird nest cams, and a bald eagle nest cam. I may need an intervention.

Happy Mother's Day to you, Mamma. Enjoy your babies this weekend!

Karen Deborah said...

So you have read "Wesley the Owl," right? it's a great story. I just luv animals period.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

Donalyn said...

Wow - loved this - thanks so much for sharing it!

Grandmother Mary said...

This film gave me goosebumps! I hope they survive, I hope they thrive, I hope our world gives them space. They made my heart soar.

~Mad said...

This is beautiful! May I share?

Happy day,
~Mad(elyn) in Alabama

Egghead said...

That is so cool. I love owls.

Susan Ellis said...

Arriving late to the party...this is an amazing video -so happy you shared it!