Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cannot Stop...

...thinking about Yeardley Love, UVa, every parent's baby, and every parent's nightmare.


My Twitter obsession is not helping me, either:

@jeffrossen: To give you an idea how disturbing the details are ...in my interview with police chief today, he began to cry.

I love #UVa RT @UVA: Lawn residents at #UVa will light candles outside their rooms tonight in memory of Yeardley Love.

Reports saying that Huguely admitted to kicking through the door and shaking Love such that her head banged repeatedly against the wall.

This is terrifying. I am really, really sad.

"After the hearing, defense lawyer Fran Lawrence told reporters that Love's death was 'not intended but an accident with a tragic outcome.'"

RIP Yeardley Love. My thoughts are with her family, Huguely, his family, the teams and the entire #UVa and Charlottesville communities

The more I keep reading about today's news at #UVa, the sadder I get. :(

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's definitely a VERY sad thing that has happened. I'm so sick and tired of the crazies of the universe and the tragedies they cause. What ever happened to peace, love, harmony, understanding, respect, regard for human life, etc?? Don't these things mean anything to anyone anymore?? Has everyone lost their freaking minds??

Tammy said...

Just horrible... :(

Snooty Primadona said...

Yes, there's nothing that strikes fear in the heart of parents more than tragedies like this. It's really sickening...

Hilary said...

That's such a heart breaker.

Country Girl said...

I am so saddened by this news.

Decadent Housewife said...

This is horrible.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

This makes me ill.
<><

Keetha said...

It's sad and it's terrifying. I'm thinking of her family.

Caution/Lisa said...

I wonder if the craziness has always been here, but we just hear about it more now?

Like Allison, I'm entirely sick of the crazies. On the first day of my semester, as we read through the course syllabus, I had a student verbally erupt. We were only on page 2. She accused me of terrible things and threatened to report me to the dean. I assure you that I got to the dean first where I learned the student had a long history of that behavior BUT there was nothing that could be done because no physical harm was threatened. Craziness abounds.

Deb said...

Wishing for Mama's babies a speedy, safe return home.

Daryl said...

Very sad for all concerned ...

I Am Woody said...

So very sad!!

Meg McCormick said...

Unspeakably sad. My two cousins are down there, too.

LL Cool Joe said...

Yeah tragic. :(

T said...

This whole thing has just made me sick.

Informed R I will be attending college and rooming with her for the 4 years. Good thing the girls are spaced 4 years apart....C will get the same treatment.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

It's very disturbing. And as a mother, frightening.