Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Confession

For the past several years, my friend Lynden has spearheaded an amazing Easter garden in the Lady Chapel of our church.  This takes a whole lot of work over a few days, and I am happy to help.  Yesterday, we took a break at noon to hear a beautiful concert which was followed by a light lunch.  Lucia came to the concert, and when it was over, I invited her downstairs to lunch.  She said no thank you, she was going to BJ's for a BLT and a glass of wine.  Can you envision Mental P's wheels turning at this point dear reader?

So, off we go.  We had a light lunch.  And perhaps a glass of wine.  For $2, you can roll the dice for a chance at a jar of dollars.  All five dice have to be the same:
So, we had another glass of wine.
Everyone there got another tipple.
Especially that cute man over my shoulder;
I think he was more excited than we were.
It was all on Mental P.
Please do not pay attention to the dirt all over me.
And then I went back to church to finish the garden.
Later, Squazz took me to Dunville's to make my picks
 for this weekend's Master's golf tournament.
And to the market for a Powerball ticket.
He thinks I'm on a roll.

31 comments:

Debbie said...

This Peep wants to know what you'd do if you WON the Powerball, Mama??

And who IS your pick for the Masters?

And did you think Carolina would win the championship? LOL

Sally's World said...

god luck, what will you do if you win???

Unknown said...

Quick...give me 6 numbers!

Shawn said...

Can I rub your belly for good luck? ;o)

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

It's a sign.
A sign to drink more wine.
Drinking wine is good.
Drinking wine generates income.
Ah, wine.

How nice of you to share the wealth. I'll take a merlot, please.

winetipper said...

Outstanding! I have never won that, although I've often tried. Congrats!

Nurse Nancy said...

You are on a roll.....I hope it continues. Spring is about new beginnings and this could be yours.

If I rub your head three times, will my dreams come true?

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Hang on to that horseshoe!
And the glass of wine!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I bow down to your luck and generosity. Make mine a cider!

Caution/Lisa said...

If you would now, with all that luck coursing through you, touch a Chrysler product and send the good karma toward Detroit. Thank-you.

Daryl said...

Whoa .. how much did you win? I am sorry I didnt rub your head when we had dinner Monday ...

shara said...

YEA YOU! Send some luck my way,why don't cha.

How 'bout posting some pics of the garden, when you get the chance, after another lunch and winning, of course!

abb said...

OK, I admit it. I'M JEALOUS! GIMME ME SOME OF THAT GOOD LUCK!
And congrats! That's quite terrific, my friend.

Unknown said...

Wow,that fist full looks mighty impressive! How much did you win?

You got a Yhatzee!

imom said...

Hahahahaha! That's great!

Trisha said...

Wow - you are lucky! So are the people who got another drink . . . on you!

I Am Woody said...

You go, girl!!

noble pig said...

Ha, ha! Can you buy me a powerball ticket? That's awesome.

Deb said...

That is so great! Happy for you...now don't spend it all in one place!! Good luck on the Masters pick...you have to tell us who you selected...

Keetha said...

He's right - roll with it!

Anonymous said...

I'll be your new best friend if you win the powerball!!!

Congrats on the throw of the dice.

NSLO told be from when she was parusing (sp?) your blog that I forgot to congratulate Augie....
Please pass on my congrats to him on the big Nova!!

Treasia Stepp said...

Well good for you MM. Sweet to share the wealth as well. Let's hope your lucky streaks holds for the rest of the week.

Expat No. 3699 said...

Good for you; is that a hundred I see there?

Sassy said...

OH LET'S HOPE!!!!! I love YAHTZEE.....and play BUNKO all the time...dice rolling is just so much fun....I've never drank wine but it probably made it a whole lot of fun.....could you text me some numbers...I need to win some money to help us out...


PLEASE DO IT SOON!
♣ GOOD LUCK!

Nancy said...

LOL! Loved that glass of wine ... isn't it happy hour somewhere??

Ellen said...

Can I rub your sleeve for luck?

Country Girl said...

You must be butter then!








'Cuz you're on a roll.





Get it?!!!!!!

Joanie said...

Woo Hoo! Lucky you...are you going to get some new red boots? ENJOY!

big hair envy said...

Are you saying "prunes" in that photo???

Lisa said...

Wow! That is awesome. Wish I had some of your luck...send it my way would you!

Susan English Mason said...

I just caught up on all of your posts but parked here to commnent. You have great looking kids. The prom is a fun time of year.