Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Another Evening of Bridge

While I will not again bore you kind folks with the details of the calorie consumption during last night's bridge extravaganza, I will say that it is warm enough for me to walk outside today!  I have made a commitment to myself to do an hour of cardio six days per week.  I have discovered with much weeping and gnashing of teeth, that this is the amount of exercise I have to do just to maintain my newly middle-aged form.  I still haven't figured out how to get rid of the excess poundage.  But I digress.

We played at Miss C's house last night.  A beautiful spot, and Martha used to live across the street!  Playing at Miss C's also meant that I got to visit with Dora's fiance, Louie.


And here is Louie with his Mommy, and Dora's future mother-in-law, Miss C.  Thank you Miss C. for entertaining us so beautifully.  Even though I lost.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancy Chisum said...

The bridge evening sounds great. Louie and his mommy seem to be having a lovely time. :-)

Anonymous said...

Louis has a very sweet face. I did not realize that dora had an engagement! How fortunate!

I am with you on the poundage. I blame the steroids intitially for packing it on, and I'm doing a lovely job of maintainig it, however, I would like to maintain a little less of it!

Have a beautiful day!

Snooty Primadona said...

Ok that's just too cute! And don't feel like the lone stranger... I always lose @ bridge, which is probably why I never play.

Believe me, if you stick with the one hr. a day thing you'll look fab by Summer. Even if if you only stick to 30 min. a day, you'll still look better!

Now, I wish I could just motivate myself to do the same.

Anonymous said...

Ah, what a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Louie has such a sweet face!

I really need to start exercising. I've been using our awful winter as an excuse but I won't be able to for long!

Anonymous said...

I love the dog pictures. I also have daschaunds. We play cards at the inlaws on Sat. nights. The guys always beat the gals. Although lately we've been holding our own. Good luck!

Miss C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss C said...

that's my baby boy -- he's so photogenic! and I'm so pleased MPM and I will be in-laws... a proud mom....

Mental P Mama said...

LOL--Miss C, when shall we expect a ring? I am partial to large and sparkley ones, as is my daughter Dora.

Meg said...

What a cute dog! When I was growing up my mom's best friend had one...it's been a long time since I have seen another one, I remember it was the sweeeeeeeeetest dog!

Country Girl said...

Looks like it was a fun evening! Louie is a sweetie pie.