Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fun at the Gym With Lucia

I don't keep it a secret that I'd like to be able to just take a little pill and be able to build, or even maintain, some muscle and bone mass these days. Since that isn't available, I get to visit my friends at the gym on a fairly regular basis.

Here's a taste of what I have to endure:

John, Andrew and Anthony are all great trainers at my gym. They always seem to have a lot of fun with their clients. Giggling through all their routines, smiling and chatting with everyone around them. I am always so envious. Forever looking longingly across the floor at all the happy people. Why am I so jealous, you ask? Well, it's all because I get to spend my time with Lucia.

Just look at her. Have you ever seen such a menacing person in your life? She makes me do things I don't like to do. Lunges, squats, crunches, and all kinds of other weird things with weights and bars. And I am always such a good sport. Never moaning, complaining or making faces. Nope, I silently and obediently do everything she comes up with. Everything. You'd think I'd look like Gisele Bundchen. But I don't. Although I do take some solace in the fact that Gisele has probably not entered into the mental pausal years yet.


Anyway, when I am not sweating away with all the torture--I mean exercise--that Lucia has created for me, I like to keep my eye on the clock. Just because you never know how fast that hour is going to go. And then I get to start my cardio time. It doesn't look like it's going to get any easier either. But if anyone hears of a new magic pill without any embarassing side effects, please pass the information along.

4 comments:

abb said...

you took a picture of yourself! Look at the clock.

Mental P Mama said...

I meant to do that so you could see that I somewhat resemble Gisele.

Jules said...

The good thing is after a rigorous workout, you and Lucia can go for lunch at BJ's!

Nan said...

Go you for hitting the gym so regularly! I wish I could! Four little boys at home still, so no gym for me. I had a treadmill once upon a time. We'll not talk about that now though. **sigh**

Lord knows I need a Lucia in my life.

Followed you here from Ree's comments. :^)