First, the good news:
- I have the most amazing support system of family and friends.
- I am a strong and positive person.
- I am loved.
- I was able to spend this last weekend with my two favorite people at the happiest place on earth.
- I finished my half marathon with my son and we raised over $7,200 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- I am blessed, and I am thankful for that.
- We caught it very early.
Now, the not-so-good news:
- I have breast cancer.
- I am having a lumpectomy, lymph node biopsy and reconstructive surgery today.
- I feel scared, but confident in my doctors.
- My children will be with me every step of the way.
- If I am lucky, I will have radiation followed by hormone therapy.
- I am going to hold it at this.
What you can do:
- If you are the type, please say a prayer for us...especially my children. It is so hard to be the caregiver...
- If you aren't the type, please just send them a good thought today.
- If you haven't done so, go get a mammogram. Mine may just have saved my life.
Thank you all, Lauren