Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This-n-That Thursday

Birthday Eve Eve Musings
#with hashtag explanations
  • Oh the things my 52 year old self could teach my 35 year old self. #noregretliving
  • If you've known someone more than 10 years and never seen their handwriting, I think it's a problem. #thefineartofletterwritingisalmostlost
  • Instead of taking a big chunk of money from a pharmaceutical company, why not rebrand and teach the world about all the delicious and nutritious southern food that there is? #pauladeencashinginonherdiabetes
  • I will never take having a hot shower and a shampoo for granted ever again. #10dayswithoutshoweraftercancersurgery
  • I don't understand how people like pain killers.  #wreakhavoconthecolon
  • It is actually possible to be damaged to the point of lacking an iota of self esteem, yet possess an overwhelming sense of false grandeur. #havenoroominmylifefortoxicpeople
  • CBW and I might be hatching a plan to run a race together. #certifiablycrazy
  • In spite of how my year has started off medically, I feel overwhelmingly happy.  #2012isthebeginningofgreatthings
  • If you are down, just remember that it gets better. #thisistrue
  • Remember Betamax? #Imaybegettingupthere
  • When did my eyelashes start growing from my chin? #oldladyproblems
  • Speaking of eyelashes, what is the best and easiest brand of false ones? #stillvain
  • This week's nutrition obsession is açai/superfruit juice and seltzer.  #itsalwayssomething
  • Life is Good.  #myblessingsarenumerous
Do you have a musing?  With a hashtag?

24 comments:

judi/Gmj said...

you are so possessed of wisdom =
#havenoroominmylifefortoxicpeople

thee best thing I have read in a month.

thank you.

Karen Deborah said...

what the heck is a hashtag? is it illegal?
painkillers-warm prune juice milk of mag
we do have no rinse shampoo or you can bend your head over the kitchen sink ans have someone who loves you wash your hair.
you are not supposed to get your incisison wet but that does not mean you cannot get into the bath tub.
OR you can put an occlusive waterproof dressing over incisions and shower.
i never have understood the no shower thing seems cleaner is better but what ever.
Happy birthday. I will never forget your birthday it is shared by my grandmother, my step son and Robert E Lee. A grand day indeed.

deborah said...

Happy Birthday!
#youareablessingtoall

joanne said...

there has got to be a way to shower the rest of your self! #youhavenoideahowinspiringyouare

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Color me #certifiablycrazyandlovingit!

Also:

#Ican'tbelieveIactuallysortofknowwhatahashtagis!

Going to do some more running this weekend. Am hoping to get up to five miles, which is still way short of 13.1. #notonlycertifiablebutdelusional
#kneesarealreadytalkin'back
#gonnadoitifitkillsme
#seeaboveaboutdelusional

Nurse Nancy said...

Don't know what a hashtag is either. But wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday and so glad you are going into it with nothing but the best news!

annbumbly said...

#gettingonesshittogetherisaverygood thing.

#ineedtofollowyourlead

#justsayin'

#xoxox

Reena said...

Love that Paul Dean comment ... ain't that true!

Daryl said...

THE best eyelash fix are extensions .. they last a month .. #winkeyelashes

Unknown said...

Birthday eve eve! LOVE that : )
I think you are so pretty!
I hope this year is full of blessings for you.
I hate pain killers too! I don't understand how people can abuse them. YUCK!

Sally said...

#you'reabeautifulpersoninsideandout.

Thinking of you today. (hugs)

Tammy said...

Love your musing! Especially agree with the Paula Dean hashtag! I have weird eyelash hairs growing in strange places too. #thankgodfortweezers

LL Cool Joe said...

It's your birthday today? It's my Dads birthday too.

Thinking of you. :) xx

Snooty Primadona said...

I've never understood the whole pain killer thing either. They always make me miserable but are often necessary evils. However, you do heal faster without them.

I've never worn false eyelashes for any long period of time so I just buy the cheapies at the drug store.

#sawmygyntodayandgetmymamonextweek

So glad you're on the mend!

#youaremyinspirationtogo

Worse yet, I remember rabbit ears on the tv.

;-)

Debbie said...

#itsyourbirthdayandididntknow

#happybirthdaysweetestone

#havenoroominmylifefortoxicpeople

PERFECT!

#lovethispost

Ellen said...

So good to see that you haven't lost your sense of humor! #cancersucksbuticanstillfindhumorinlife

Take it from a seasoned veteran, #52isthenew32!

I won't be running marathons, but I can cheer from the sidelines! #mydamnkneeswillneedtobereplacedsometimeinthefuture

Keetha said...

Your hashtags are so clever. Even after two cups of coffee, I am devoid of cleverness. Instead, I'll simply applaud yours. Brava!

Laura~peach~ said...

yeah to what all of the above said... and happy birthday and shower... the answer to no bath... well once drains are out...
sigh... sponge bath??? :)

Hilary said...

You are a-musing. #hashtagsconfuseusnontwittertypes

icedgurl said...

trekking your superb blog! keep blogging and inspiring people!

cheers!
..TREK..

Unknown said...

Life IS good.....oops, too tired to think....smiles.

Joanie said...

This was a great post!!!
And,
Happy Birthday!

Country Girl said...

I had to google hashtag. Gah.

#cluelessinmaryland

Sassy said...

I ALWAYS feel smarter after reading your posts........I still don't know what a hash tag is but hash browns sound good to me right now....I truly hope you had a wonderful wonderful day on your birthday........HOW VERY BLESSED WE ARE TO HAVE YOU IN OUR LIVES!!!!!!! SOOOOOO GLAD YOU WERE BORN!!!!!!