Friday, April 8, 2011

Still, Nothing...


...and now I just feel old.




In 1960, A Car Cost $2275



Dwight Eisenhower is president of the US



Sit-ins being after 4 black college students in North Carolina refuse to move from a deli counter when denied service



A U-2 reconnaissance plane belonging to the US is shot down in the Soviet Union



Hurricane "Donna" strikes the East Coast causing over 100 deaths in the US and the Antilles



John F. Kennedy defeats Vice President Richard Nixon in the presidential race



Cassius Clay (who later took the name Muhammad Ali) wins his first professional fight



Michael Stipe, Tony Robbins, Bono, John F. Kennedy, Jr., and Jeffrey Dahmer are born



Pittsburgh Pirates win the World Series



Philadelphia Eagles win the NFL championship



Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup



Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho is the top grossing film



To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee is published



The Beatles make their debut in Hamburg, Germany



The Flintstones debut



The Flintstones, To Kill a Mockingbird and yours truly. What a year....

How about you?

16 comments:

Daryl said...

I am so old the only thing happening the year I was born was dirt began to form, hence the expression 'older than dirt'

Nurse Nancy said...

I had the same things as you....a great year! :)

Grandmother Mary said...

I didn't know you were so young! My 1946 birthday put me in the Cher and Bill Clinton generation and the first year of the baby boomers. It's also the year the bikini was introduced, named after the place where the "maximum impact" atomic bomb was tested.

Sally said...

Hey, you forgot to mention that was the year I graduated high school. LOL

Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Joanie said...

Oh, my... I'll have to check that out. Of course, I am sure mine will have some great highlights as well...ha!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Movie tickets were a buck and Macolm X was shot.

Hilary said...

I'm in good company... Scrabble, Disneyland and the courage and pride of Rosa Parks. (1955)

Unknown said...

There's only one thing that I know for sure happened the year I was born.

My mom had a baby girl.

Kathleen... said...

You know, I'm going to pass on this quiz. I already feel old today. ;-)

Country Girl said...

Tom Hanks and I were born in the same year. So was Mel Gibson. I think I look younger than both of them.

Love ya.

Debbie said...

In 1955, A Gallon of Milk Cost 92 Cents
Dwight Eisenhower is president of the US

Hurricane "Diane" claims 184 lives form North Carolina to New England

Rosa Parks refuses to give up her bus seat, which leads to bus segregation being declared unconstitutional

The AFL merges with the CIO, creating the nation's largest labor union

Dr. Jonas Salk discovers a vaccine for polio

The Scrabble board game debuts

Disneyland opens in Anaheim, California

Kevin Costner, John Grisham, Arsenio Hall, Steve Jobs, and Billy Bob Thornton are born

Charlie Parker, Albert Einstein, and James Dean die

Brooklyn Dodgers win the World Series

Cleveland Browns win the NFL champion ship

Detroit Red Wings win the Stanley Cup

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov is published

Moms Musings said...

Now, I feel old. I remember most of those things.

Trisha said...

But such wonderful things happened that year . . . including you!

Nancy said...

Too bad Jeffrey's mom decided to have a baby.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Daryl took the words right outta my mouth!
<><

Snooty Primadona said...

Harry Truman is president of the US

Elizabeth II becomes Queen of England after the death of her father, George VI

First explosion of a hydrogen device takes place at Eniwetok Atoll in the Pacific

Christine Jorgensen becomes the first medically and legally certified transsexual

US troops complete their pull-out from Japan

Dwight D. Eisenhower is elected President of the US

Sister Theresa becomes Mother Theresa and begins her charity work in Calcutta

Rick James, Douglas Adams, and Liam Neeson are born

New York Yankees win the World Series

Detroit Lions win the NFL championship

Detroit Red Wings win the Stanley Cup

Charlotte's Web by E.B. White is published

Yup. I'm old....