We are now starting our third month. It isn't pretty: I think we are down about 3 pounds, total. I am being generous (for Annie's sake). Really. I am just so nice that way. We were all set to go last night to weigh, but I forgot to take my diuretic. (I didn't really forget, but fear it may be cheating. Although I don't think they work on me....) So when I called my beloved friend, we had the following chat:
Mental: I don't want to go to Weight Watcher's.
Mental: Um, because we have gained weight this week. And I think taking a diuretic is cheating.
Annie: Oh, just take it! Although, I think you are closing the barn door after the cows get out.
Mama: I think you spent too much time in Missouri.
Annie: Just listen to me......
Mental: You want to have a glass of wine?
Mental: I'll be there in a minute.
We had a nice night. No weigh-in. No weeping or gnashing of teeth.
But in our defense:
We had a TROPICAL STORM to prepare for last week. Hanna was, luckily, not much for us Nutmeggers:
- Provisions had to be laid in (read: chardonnay).
- Food had to be stored (read: cheese and crackers).
- We had to go out and reconnoiter with our cohorts (read: drink chardonnay; or vodka).
- We needed a chili dog and curly fries at The Black Duck (it was awesome).
- We needed a thinner spinner bacon and onion pizza and chardonnay at Partner's (never got to the pizza).
- Sunday Brunch was all about reliving the horror. Not (read: chardonnay and mimosas).
- We needed to drink the stockpiled chardonnay at home (read: still going on....).
- And not forget the cookie dough...(too good for words.)
- That was good, and Squazz is still waiting for some dough, Annie. ( I don't even know what this means...
So, the net bottom line is that we didn't go to the weigh-in. But just as soon as I finish this glass of wine and this popover, I'm right back on track.
We were so lucky that the storm was not bad here, but, honestly, continue to pray for those in the path of Ike. And everyone displaced by Gustav.