- The thermostat is set at 64 this year. We wear sweatshirts.
And have no whining offspring around these days to complain.
- We turned down the hot water heater.
- I traded in my SUV for an energy-efficient sedan.
- When I forget my cloth grocery bags, which I do with frightening regularity, I recycle the plastic bags.
- I recycle everything I can. Did you know Staples takes used ink cartridges and gives you a refund?!
- We use vinegar to clean a large portion of the house. It sometimes smells like a big salad in here.
- We have a salt generator on the pool so we don't use chlorine.
- I rarely buy water bottles.
- I "buy local" as much as possible.
What do you do? I want more ideas, please.