- Said "hello" to my daughter and then "goodbye" 5 hours later.
- Both children depart for school the same day.
- Experienced a bad case of the empty nest blues on Monday.
- Son resumes school-year selective texting-answers-to-mom technique.
- Survived the Earthquake of August 23!
- Ridiculed by Virginia-based daughter for all the "earthquake drama."
- Empty nest blues miraculously lift.
- Attention turns to Hurricane Irene and this "cone of uncertainty" business.
- Have begun to lay in supplies: Pre washed salad, avocado, wine, cottage cheese, vodka, broccoli, olives, tweezers.
- Thinking about maybe getting some batteries and water, but is afraid of being accused of exhibiting signs of "hurricane drama" and setting self up for more ridicule.
- How're things by you?
Splatter Painting In New York
4 hours ago