Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday Text: Parentexting™

I'd forgotten about these conversations I had with my kids before they visited last weekend.
You know the kind: when you ask them what they want to eat so you can stock up?
I actually looked for those Oreos.
Then we found out that my "baby boy" had actually never flown by himself.
That was a shocker.
But in his defense, he is a twin, and his school is easy driving and training distance from home.

 But this part?
Priceless.
Not because he was folded into a tiny seat,
but because he was absolutely right about me.
I don't, um, like to be aware of other people on the plane, or to be near them.

But don't you like my awesome, reassuring parenting skills?
Yeah.

8 comments:

TSannie said...

This made me smile...

Daryl said...

I am laughing .. do you sit in the 'bathroom' so you can be alone or do you don your cloak of avoidance to keep you from 'them'?

The Incredible Woody said...

I don't like to be aware of my fellow travelers either. I really, really, really wish I wasn't aware of my next-seat neighbor on the red eye from Vegas. He had apparently had a very different night than I did. If I had one of the melting paper mint things, I would have totally thrown a couple in his mouth.

The Incredible Woody said...

I was in the row behind Alison Krauss on a flight from LA and I can honestly say that she is the wiggliest person on the planet. Someone needed to strap her down. Shaking the entire row of seats!!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Hilarious.

Country Girl said...

I want a cloak of avoidance! Can I borrow yours?

Hilary said...

Your texts crack me up.

Paxie said...

I imagine him resting his head on his knees and staring aimlessly out the window. This was so cute!!

I never would have guessed!