Thursday, November 18, 2010

This-n-That Thursday

Things my Spam Folder tells me:
  • I have millions of dollars waiting for me in Africa.
  • I don't ever have to worry about erectile dysfunction ever again.
  • My hip injury recall is all taken care of. Whatever that is....
  • Single moms make $1,470 per week working from home.
  • The Scooter Store wants me to become a client.
  • I also have millions of euros waiting for me.
  • Alexander McQueen left me all his money!
  • There are lots of dating sites for people over 50.
  • Olive Garden really misses me.
  • Dora is eligible for a Master Card. Platinum.
  • If I buy an iRenew bracelet, I will never have a health issue. Ever.
  • I have a dead relative in Latvia who left me $12 million.
  • Gwyneth Paltrow's blog, GOOP, is alive and well?
  • This one is too good not to share a bit:
"To effect the release of your fund valued at $11million you are advised to contact our correspondent in Africa the delivery officer Mr. Hofmann Smith Meier with the information below,

Email: hofmansmith.meier@gmail.com OR hofmansmith.meier@consultant.com
Telephone:+234-8060-432970

You are advised to contact him with the information's as stated below:

Your full Name........
Your Address:..............
Home/Cell Phone:..............
Preferred Payment Method ( VISA ATM CARD/Cashier Check )

Upon receipt of payment the delivery officer will ensure that your package is sent within 24 working hours. Because we are so sure of everything we are giving you a 100% money back guarantee if you do not receive payment/package within the next 24hrs after you have made the payment for shipping.

Yours sincerely,

Miss Donna Story
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535

Note: Do disregard any email you get from any impostors or offices claiming to be in possession of your ATM CARD, you are hereby advice only to be in contact with Mr. Hofmann Smith Meier of the ATM CARD CENTER who is the rightful person to deal with in regards to your ATM CARD PAYMENT and forward any emails you get from impostors to this office so we could act upon and commence investigation. "

Seriously? I get at least one of these money letters a day now. How many people are these scams working on? At least my erectile dysfunction worries are over.

15 comments:

Debbie said...

Guffaw. You are not alone; however, I was contemplating the iRenew bracelet.

I thought I was special by having been contacted by the FBI. Bank of America keeps saying I have a credit issue and to contact them immediately. The moms in our town make much less.

You are a hoot.

Nurse Nancy said...

OMG. Thanks for the laugh...as you know, I need it this week.

Caution/Lisa said...

I just looked at my spam folder last night. Most of mine were trying to sell me penis enlargment products. And no, there have been no related searches here to have triggered that spam.

Country Girl said...

My erectile dysfunction worries are only beginning.

At least I can have a super-sized one that will flop around.

I Am Woody said...

Makes me want to take a little looksee in my spam folder:)

Laura ~Peach~ said...

i wish they would simply pay me a nickle for every one of those emails that hit my inbox... I really WOULD get RICH!

Keetha said...

I work in a law firm. We once had someone call who had received an email like that. She felt sure it was all on the up and up, but she just wanted to consult with a professional about possible tax ramifications due to the large windfall she was about to receive.

I felt for her and really didn't enjoy bursting her bubble.

Daryl said...

Now I really feel sad... she wrote me the same letter!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Erectile Dysfunction? Please. When they make a pill that will keep "Mr. Johnson" in a man's pants, then they can come talk to me. I think they invented erectile dysfunction commercials just so men can snicker every time they hear about "one" lasting longer than six hours.

Men.

Deb in Spain (Deb Perkins) said...

LOL...chica X, Delora

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm jealous! You get all these in your Spam folder?? I just get the ones suggesting I need a bigger penis. That's it.

abb said...

I got one from HEATHER'S MOM saying she was stranded in a British hotel and I needed to wire her money so she could leave the hotel and fly home.
I then called Heather's mom and let her know her email account had been hacked. Damn those idiots!

Karen Deborah said...

I didn't know what I was missing I delete my spam without reading it. So now that your ED is fixed, what's your hubby up too?

Lisa said...

sometimes I reply to them just to see what they say...I wonder if my email...darecop599 is a little bit of a giveaway???? hahaha....

Kathleen... said...

Dear gawd...I'm with you -- sick to death of being hounded about the Scooter! And I'm glad Single Moms make millions at home, but leave me the hell alone!!

Great post. Sorry to hear your inbox is as chuck-full as mine....pfft.