BBAugie and I are almost ready for our half marathon!
We are training together (sometimes!) to raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training (TNT), and will run in the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend in January 2012.
2012 will mark the tenth year we have been without B.B. Ten long years. A mother and a grandmother lost way too early. Please join us to help fund a cure for all blood cancers, and to provide aid to current patients and their families.
Since its inception in 1988, TNT has trained more than half a million athletes, and raised$1.2 billlion to help find a cure. In addition, 75% of all the money we raise goes directly to the LLS mission of funding research and drug trials as well as helping patients and their families.
- Every 4 minutes, someone is diagnosed with a blood cancer.
- There are currently over 950,000 people living with or in remission from a blood cancer in North America.
- In the last 40 years, leukemia cure rates have gone from 5% to over 90%.
- In the last decade, half of the FDA approved cancer drugs were for blood cancers,many funded by LLS.
- Many of those LLS funded drugs have since been proven viable treatments for other cancers such as breast, colon, and stomach.
- Last year, LLS contributed $20 million in patient aid to help defray costs.
Please consider a donation to our goal of raising $7000 to help find a cure.... Every little bit helps.