Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Facts

You asked; I attempt to answer:


  • This is a complete juice cleanse of 5 days. I am doing this with two coworkers.
  • We are doing it through a local vegan juice stand.
  • Every morning, we have warm water, cayenne pepper and half a lemon. I have grown overly fond of this concoction.
  • Every two or two and a half hours, we drink our prescribed juice. There are 6 16-ounce drinks and they must be consumed in a particular order.
  • The juices have been...interesting. And only yesterday did I encounter one I could not even sip. But the one after that was watermelon, and it made up for the whole episode.
  • I was hungry a few times the first day but if it was bad, I just started drinking the next scheduled juice.
  • We can also sip on water and herbal teas.
  • No caffeine, no wine, no nothing but the juices.
  • I feel like a million bucks.
  • The bathroom: Plenty of kidney action, but, as many of you want to know: since the second day, the colon must be empty. Nothing. And we are all making the same observations.
  • Today is the last day, and I am a little sad. I am contemplating purchasing a juicer.
  • We will get instructions today about reintroducing solid food, and I expect it will be mostly continuing to eat a raw, plant based diet. And I am all for this.
  • I will weigh myself tomorrow. I think I have lost a few pounds, but I just feel different. My morning arthritis is gone, my sense of smell and taste are more sharp, my skin is softer and clearer, and I had to move my watch buckle over two holes. I think all that stuff about inflammation must be true.
  • Yes, I do feel proud of myself. And maybe a little virtuous.
  • I am definitely going to do this again.
Any other?

23 comments:

Nurse Nancy said...

So Annie and I have decided that we will do this together in a few weeks.....need to prepare myself. Interested in seeing what the post diet looks like.

deborah said...

Great results for you!
I'm interested, but there isn't a juice or vegan bar within a 100 miles:) (I live in WV ya know). Going to research what I can do on my own

Debbie said...

This has GOT to be great for your system. It sounds wonderful, but I believe my stomach would actually rise up and slap me. Then again, I know the coffee upsets it, so no caffeine? Could make a huge difference.

So proud of you :)

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Way to go! So glad you're feeling good and you've definitely motivated me to think about doing something similar, although the closest thing we have to a vegan bar here is a 7-11. So I'd have to get a juicer and do it myself.

That watermelon one sounds delectable.

I Am Woody said...

Glad this has had such positive results because that is certainly some foul looking stuff you have been sipping on!!

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Wow. Just wow. Don't know if I have the will power.

Magpie said...

fascinating.

Daryl said...

Feeling good is the best result and if its helping you get noshing under control all the better ... I am SO proud of you!

abb said...

I'm proud of you, too!

Flea said...

I did that cleanse about 10 years ago. It seriously messed up my whole digestive system. Just be careful, okay?

Country Girl said...

Go you! I am so proud of you, but even more - I'm glad that you feel so great.

Unknown said...

Fascinating.
How much does it cost?

Grandmother Mary said...

In re-introducing foods, my husband was really able to pinpoint an allergy to dairy that had been causing symptoms at low level for years. He eliminated it and feels good. I say good for you!

LL Cool Joe said...

Good for you! I'm glad you feel great!

Sally said...

Now, that is nothin' short of awesome! Good for you, girl. :)

Hilary said...

Good for you! :) I'm glad you're feeling great. Five days is certainly doable. How about the expense?

Karen Deborah said...

diet is POWERFUL!!!!

Banana Freud said...

I would seriously like to try this. Especially after the gluttonous dinner I had tonight.

I recently sold my juicer on Craigslist. It was just too much trouble. Still, I was sad to see it go. Maybe they make easier ones out there.

Carol said...

That's exciting SHIT!! Keep us informed, the inflammation bit interests me.

Unknown said...

WOW....you even make healthy living sound good....smiles.

Meg McCormick said...

I'm intrigued! Way to go!

Donna S. said...

Any input from a doctor? Just curious...Lordy I don't think I could do it anyway. Poor will power.

Tammy said...

That is awesome! I'm so glad it was successful for you. Will you let us know what the follow up diet is like? My Naturopath told me I have Inflammatory issues, but all the food she wanted me to cut out was favorites, Gah!