Monday, July 7, 2008

Three Things

I was just sitting around here minding my own business when our little ex pat Holly tagged me for an unusual meme.  Although Daryl, who was also tagged, said we should call it a UU.  Which I don't understand.  What is a UU?  Anyway, the thing about this exercise is that the taggee has to ask their spouse/significant other/kids/dog/whatever to list three random things.  For some reason, I procrastinated waited until Squazz had left this morning to ask my questions.  So I just called him a few minutes ago.

Mental: "Squazz, I have to do a meme.  What are three random things you know about me?"
Squazz:  "You can be brutally honest.  You are compassionate.  You are usually focused."
Mental: "Usually focused?"
Squazz:  "Well, sometimes you're not...."

There you have it folks.  I am brutally honest, yet compassionate with a twist of ditz.  But the funniest part of the whole exchange to me was the fact that when I told him I had to do a meme, he didn't ask me what it was.  He has been paying attention when I talk about this blog business.  Squazz knows what a meme is; he has been listening to me.  I wonder what else I have babbled about....

Well, now I have to tag a random number of you, and you would be Flea, Deb, The Baroness, Greta and Kiki, CBW.  Go forth and ask these burning questions.  Oh yea, you have to end this with  Pththththth.  I didn't ask, I just tried to focus on the task at hand.  

UPDATE:  Apparently I wasn't focusing after all.  I was supposed to let my taggees know they were tagged and put pththththththt at the end of my comments to them.  Okay.  Consider yourselves pththththted.  Done.  I need a nap.


16 comments:

abb said...

I am impressed with Squazz's knowledge of meme's. My husband doesn't even know what a blog is, let alone I have one!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for cracking me up on a Monday morning!
I am impressed with Squazz. TOG wouldn't have known what it was.

I'm pondering what "usually focused" means. Isn't that most of us? Is it the opposite of easily distracted?

holly said...

"a twist of ditz" nice.

that's a healthy amount!

so wait : no deer-caught-in-the-headlights look?

how did you get the listening thing? do you have to pay for that service or is it just one he provides for free?
or is there some setting?

Mental P Mama said...

Annie: I am working on GB for you...

AG: Usually focused and easily distracted are one and the same for me. Wait...what is that shiny thing over there?

Holly: This was so much fun. And I don't know how I got the listening function to work on him. Sometimes he just surprises me. Unfortunately(?) he was spot on with his comments as well.

Debbie said...

Hon, I haven't finished the LAST tag you gave me LOL! I haven't forgotten though...

Usually focused for you right now is quite amazing, considering what's flying around that head of yours with the "birds"!

I posted something similar re: blog talk with non-bloggers. They do look glazed over and say "oh that sounds fun" while not having a clue LOL!

Good UU? and I'll respond shortly :)

Keetha said...

"Usually focused." I love that.

Anonymous said...

Ha, that's hilarious...it is funny when the understand things like that...that might be the most random thing of all!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

This made me laugh!!

Hallie

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so looking forward to this one - 3 men, 3 different sets of answers. Should be hilar!! Thank you, MPM :)

Anonymous said...

I too am impressed. My husband would think that a blog is where I talk to others and about him! Well, he is rather right but I try to keep the conversation about him to a Minimum.
Can't wait to read the others!

Daryl said...

A UU is a YOUYOU but shortened like when you like text .. get it?!

Its the opposite of MEME .. UU ..

And I am laughing .. Squazz's answers are funnier than Husbands... except for the bit about my singing ...

:-Daryl

Bear Naked said...

Hey ditz is good.
It better be because I have more than a twist.
Isn't a UU that bar code thingie that is on all the products now, so they can be scanned at the register?

Bear

kim-d said...

If you were successful with the focusing, then you were successful. I love the name "Squazz"--I haven't been "around here" long enough to know the meaning behind it, but I sure like it :). Oh my gosh, now I have to go try to focus...on something. I'll figure it out. Thanks, always, for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

Usually focused. LOL. SuperGuy might go so far as to say that's a POSITIVE comment *g Men. Gotta love 'em.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Thank you so much for tagging me! I am so honored. I will give this some thought and ask my children tomorrow morning. They'll be able to give the best answers (and they're gone tonight).

I find it hard to believe you are not focused. You certainly give the impression here that you are very organized and thoughtful in your posts, in other words you put a whole lot of focus into what you do here. I, on the other hand, just spew forth whatever garbage pops in my vast wasteland of a mind....
THANKS AGAIN!

Flea said...

LOL!!! That's too funny. I'll ask my Little Guy, since he's the only other one up, and the Hunny's at work. :) Phthpthbt!