Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Codependent Computer Mama


I got an Apple MacBook about a month ago.  I still have an hp desktop that I use as well.  I switch between the two of them all day long. (I work from home arranging online content partnerships.)  Many of you have asked me how I like the new computer; I am really enjoying the Apple, and cannot tout it's graphics and fun-ness enough.  But I still like my PC.  Sigh.  I don't see me being a one-or-the-other person any time soon.

Please don't tell me how messy my desk is.  I know it.  And, no, I don't smoke.  The lighter is for my candles.  Sorry Asthmagirl; I like to have candles burning on my desk on gloomy days.
Aren't those heart-shaped post-it notes cute?
And I found the Spearmint Altoids when I cleaned my closet.
It was almost as fun as finding a twenty dollar bill in my coat pocket.
Almost.

This is the present view behind me in my office:

I bet you think my desk doesn't look so bad now.  Do you?
Since it's behind me, I don't dwell on it so much.

In an effort to avoid aforementioned office, I cleaned Augie's closet yesterday.
He was at school at the time.
Now his closet is very clean.

BEFORE:
Um, son, you need to take the boutonniere off your tux before it gets shoved in the closet.

AFTER:
I think I've had enough of the closet madness in this house.
Time for office cleaning.
Has spring-cleaning fever hit anyone else out there?

19 comments:

Flea said...

Oh ew. My closet's next and I'm NOT looking forward to it. How far are you from Tulsa?

abb said...

I've managed to put off cleaning my closet and switching out summer for winter togs for 3 weeks now.
I am so proud of myself!

QueenofPlanetHotflash said...

getting a slow start on the spring cleaning here since the weather has turned burry again. I have started trading out summer for winter clothing though.

Mental P Mama said...

@ Flea--Alas, no, and it's too bad. I am on a real tear here. My family has become veeeery quiet. Two HEFTY bags left Augie's room and went to Goodwill yesterday! Mental Mama is on a roll. Tee Hee.

Anonymous said...

I'm doing my darndest to avoid such a task. Thus far I have succeeded in avoiding posting pictures of my office and closet. You're welcome!

Thanks for keeping that candle on the other coast... I'm not coughing at all!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO in the mood to pitch and clean. Well, except for the fact our trash guys keep refusing to take the stuff I put out for them to haul off...

Debbie said...

Girl, you are on a friggin roll! Has my anti-procrastination day fever hit you upside the head? LOL

If I'd quit taking pictures of birds and street sweepers my crap would be organized! At least you are snapping clutter free zones and I LOL'd at butonniere son!

I have a treadmill and a variety of junk behind me too...I don't look either ((big hugs to you))!!

Lots of hugs today for Mason, but I think we are all going to try and just smile to keep Ashlie going..rough day ahead but we'll survive. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Great job, you're ahead of the game. (Always a great place to be:)

Anonymous said...

I won't say a thing! You saw how my desk looked, right?? (And I am still not done. :::sigh::: )

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Love the flower on the tux!!

Hallie :)

Anonymous said...

No, but I need to...every closet is a bomb in this house. I can no longer shove in or out at this point. And let's not even speak of that dang garage. Oh geez.

Jules said...

Come to my house...pleeeze...I may even off you a wine or two:)

Leighanne said...

Your office looks better than mine. My cleaning lady can't get into my office with her vacuum because of the piles of papers.

Mary said...

Oh yes! I've been on a closet cleaning kick for about a month now. Which gives you a pretty accurate idea of the amount of crap that resides in my house...
xoxo,
Mary

WORKING MOM said...

Okay, I feel better about my closet and house now. I bet people love coming to your house, cuz it's relaxing and lived in.

Meg said...

Great job sista...I am still not done here at my house....wanna come over??? We could skip down to Cabo after...

Mrs. G. said...

I keep waiting...

Egghead said...

Oh don't get me started on my computer slash sewing room. It also sports a fold away bed for extra guests and luggage that we can't fit anywhere else. ARggh!

Bear Naked said...

Took me a long time to find the lighter. You are very brave. There is no way that I would let anyone see the area where I am when I am at my computer.
Quickly hiding wine glass, chocolate and Pringles Potatoe Chips as I blog.