Friday, April 29, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
You Should Live in North Carolina
If you don't want to live in North Carolina, you might also consider:
You Are Gardening
You are a very patient and nurturing person. You love to help people grow and change for the better.
You feel for the whole world - people, animals, and plants. You love having creatures and humans under your care.
You are a responsible person, and having many responsibilities makes you feel good. You love to be needed.
You are a perfect gardener because you are able to be there for your plants every day. Watching them grow delights you.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Random things about me:
- If my spine were straight, I'd be almost 6 feet tall.
- If the emperor has no clothes, I'd be the one to tell him. I was born that way.
- By Sunday afternoon, I start missing my workplace. Seriously.
- Ever since my trip to Italy, I am obsessed with St. Francis.
- Also, montepulciano wine.
- I think the only thing I really hate is cancer.
- People who abuse animals would be a close second though.
- I love Easter music just as much as I do Christmas music.
- I sometimes play Christmas music in the Summer.
- Since I started taking magnesium, my dreams have gone crazy.
- I really liked that Jell-o 1-2-3 stuff. What happened to it?
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Monday, April 18, 2011
Friday, April 15, 2011
Just in time for the weekend.
You Are Regular
You are lively and energetic. You are constantly seeking the new challenges.
You are easily inspired and are always coming up with new ideas. You have a lot of enthusiasm.
You stay adaptable and flexible. You want to be agile and ready for anything.
You are a rule breaker to the extreme. You get a thrill from pushing boundaries and breaking taboos.
I don't like to be irregular. You?
Thursday, April 14, 2011
- There seem to be more waterlogged worms this spring.
- I prefer coconut milk over almond milk.
- I love a good haircut.
- Some folks are just empty wells.
- Don't go to an empty well with expectations.
- Arghhhh. Those worms.
- The older I get, the longer spring takes to get here.
- I tend to look at southern real estate a lot.
- Should I be worried that the accountant hasn't called yet?
- I need a pedicure.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
I stayed home from work yesterday with a bad cold. Not news. But lemme tell you the dreams I had-- compliments of some nice decongestants...
The first one was that I was seeing a therapist, played by Ellen Degeneres, and she fired me, her patient, when I couldn't powerwash her floors and put down carpeting for her.
The second one had me working my regular job at my non profit, but I also had to go install electric dog fences at our Board members' homes. One of them had Burmese Mountain Dogs. Mean ones.
Please tell me what this all means. Please?
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
Friday, April 8, 2011
...and now I just feel old.
In 1960, A Car Cost $2275
Dwight Eisenhower is president of the US
Sit-ins being after 4 black college students in North Carolina refuse to move from a deli counter when denied service
A U-2 reconnaissance plane belonging to the US is shot down in the Soviet Union
Hurricane "Donna" strikes the East Coast causing over 100 deaths in the US and the Antilles
John F. Kennedy defeats Vice President Richard Nixon in the presidential race
Cassius Clay (who later took the name Muhammad Ali) wins his first professional fight
Michael Stipe, Tony Robbins, Bono, John F. Kennedy, Jr., and Jeffrey Dahmer are born
Pittsburgh Pirates win the World Series
Philadelphia Eagles win the NFL championship
Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup
Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho is the top grossing film
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee is published
The Beatles make their debut in Hamburg, Germany
The Flintstones debut
The Flintstones, To Kill a Mockingbird and yours truly. What a year....
How about you?
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
You know how some blogs you visit take you on a walk through their world? And how they take you there with incredible photographs? Like Hilary? And Kate? And how they combine their gallery-worthy shots with perfect quotes?
Let's do that today. Okay?
A walk in the park, my dog and me,
And what should we see up in the tree?
Some poor dog's kong toy dangling thusly.
Same park, same dog, same me.
In a different tree?
I can't make a rhyme every time.
Down the road a bit,
we stop by the river to rest and sit.
Something in there isn't quite legit.
Wasn't that a nice walk?
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Monday, April 4, 2011
Friday, April 1, 2011
And here's a list of happy things for today:
- We did not get the snow that was forecast.
- As a matter of fact, Dora and I found lots of green sprouts on our walk earlier.
- I am going on a long hike here tomorrow.
- Happy Anniversary to my dear friend Annie and her hubby!
- Oh, and Happy April Fool's Day!
- Rabbit, rabbit.
- I am hatching a plan to go visit the Baby Bird this summer while she studies abroad.
- And Augie might go with me!
- It's April!
- I love my job.
And, in honor of today, I shall let you ponder on this Abraham Lincoln quote:
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
You gotta love ol' Abe.
Now tell us what makes you happy today....