Thursday, December 30, 2010
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Monday, December 27, 2010
Happy Monday! Is your scope as good as mine?
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
You Are Creative
You are open minded, flexible, and adventurous. You never quite know where you're going, and you like it that way.
You are hard working and live fast. You want to accomplish great things in your life.
You find that most tasks are more difficult than you anticipated. And you don't give up until the job is done.
You work hard for the feeling of satisfaction it gives you. Any money you get is secondary.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
Today we take a break from the rugrats. Here is some new stuff to ponder...compliments of Flea. Big type is an early Christmas present from me. You're welcome.
ATD: At The Doctor's
BFF: Best Friend Farted
BTW: Bring The Wheelchair
BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
CBM: Covered By Medicare
CUATSC: See You At The Senior Center
DWI: Driving While Incontinent
FWB: Friend With Beta Blockers
FWIW: Forgot Where I Was
FYI: Found Your Insulin
GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!
GHA: Got Heartburn Again
HGBM: Had Good Bowel Movement
IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On?
LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out
LOL: Living On Lipitor
LWO: Lawrence Welk's On
OMMR: On My Massage Recliner
OMSG: Oh My! Sorry, Gas.
ROFL... CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up
SGGP: Sorry, Gotta Go Poop
TTYL: Talk To You Louder
WAITT: Who Am I Talking To?
WTFA: Wet The Furniture Again
WTP: Where's The Prunes?
WWNO: Walker Wheels Need Oil!!
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,
Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably,
And never regret anything that made you smile.
You Are Sophisticated and Well Mannered
You're the type of person who can sit all day entertaining guests with witty banter.
You believe in presenting yourself in the best light possible. You like to be seen as classy.
You give a first impression of being upper class and even a bit snooty. And you're the first to admit you're a little guilty of that.
You are an armchair critic. You can detect quality easily, and you want the best things you can find.
Friday, December 17, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
● $8 million for expanding Anchorage’s port, requested by Alaska Sens. Lisa Murkowski (R) (who campaigned on her ability to bring Alaska earmarks) and Mark Begich (D).
● $165,000 for maple research in Vermont, to further delve into the quality and food safety of syrup and to consider how current production methods affect tree health, requested by Sen. Patrick Leahy (D., Vermont).
● $1 million for arthropod damage control, requested by Sen. Harry Reid (D., Nev.).
● $21 million for Hawaii Federal Health Care system, requested by Appropriations committee chair Sen. Daniel Inouye (D., Hawaii.)
● $2.5 million to improve pedestrian and bicycling paths in Illinois, requested by Sen. Dick Durbin (D., Ill.)
● $307,000 for research on small fruits, requested by Reps. Earl Blumenauer (D., Oregon), Norm Dicks (D., Wash.), Rick Larsen (D., Wash.), Kurt Schrader (D., Oregon), and David Wu (D., Oregon) and Sens. Maria Cantwell (D., Wash.), Mike Crapo (R., Idaho), Jeff Merkley (D., Oregon), Patty Murray (D., Wash.), James Risch (R., Idaho), and Ron Wyden (D., Oregon).
● $350,000 for Cool Season Legume Research, which would fund studies on what diseases harm and what improvements could help crops such as lentils and beans, requested by Sens. Maria Cantwell (D., Wash.) Kent Conrad (D., N.D.), Bryon Dorgan (D., N.D.) and Patty Murray (D., Wash.) and Reps. Norm Dicks (D., Wash.) and Earl Pomeroy (D., N.D.).
● $15 million to reduce emission-caused pollution in California, requested by Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) and Barbara Boxer (D., Calif) and Democratic Reps. Dennis Cardoza, Jim Costa, and Jay McNerney of California.
● $1 million for AFL-CIO training programs, requested by Sen. Tom Harkin (D., Iowa).
These are but 10 of the 6,600 earmarks in the new spending bill. They total $8 billion.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Friday, December 3, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
- The time between 7 and 8 am is the most precious part of the day now.
- On days when it is raining sideways, take a few minutes of that precious time to pack a lunch.
- I don't have nearly enough clothes to wear.
- Office phone systems are different nowadays....
- I think poor Dora is already used to my absence.
- When do I go to the grocery store now?
- Is it possible for your brain to hurt and yet you don't have a headache?
- Have I mentioned I don't have nearly enough clothes?
- I am one of the oldest people in my office. I doesn't matter one bit.
- I don't remember being this fulfilled in a long time.