Saturday, October 30, 2010
Friday, October 29, 2010
From the most embarrassed dog. Ever.
Is anybody looking?
I hope Riley and Rugby don't see me like this.
I wish my mommy would just get a job.
And she'd better sleep with one eye open.
Is it over yet?
Thursday, October 28, 2010
- Should I go brunette at my hair appointment today?
- Are there any political ads out there where they are not attacking the opponent and actually telling us what they will do?
- Do men lack the ability to actually squeeze the sponge out?
- Is there such a thing as a spinning class for beginners?
- Why am I so addicted to Words With Friends?
- What about bangs?
- What does it mean when you dream you are changing a baby's diaper, and it is full of chopped garlic?
- Does anybody out there wanna play Words With Friends with me?
- Did you know it's 57 days until Christmas?
- Does anybody else out there have the a/c on? On October 28?
- Words With Friends? Anybody?
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Wherein my formerly chatty daughter goes to visit her monosyllabic brother at school and develops his conversational style....
Augie's pre-visit "chat" with Mama:
And now, look at what has happened:
Anybody out there want to chat?
Monday, October 25, 2010
There is no MPM horoscope today. My daughter informed me that it was no fun to read those posts. So, well, here you go. I act like I'm 31. Yawn.
By the way, my various horoscopes are telling me to relax, be assertive and be quiet. Such a decision I have to make....
You Act Like You Are 31 Years Old
You are a thirty-something at heart. You've had a taste of success and true love, but you want more!
You're responsible, wise, and have enough experience to understand a lot of the world.
You're at the point in your life where you understand yourself pretty well.
You are figuring out what you want... and how to get it!
How old do you act?
Friday, October 22, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Things I am blaming on hormones. Or lack thereof....
- My third cowlick.
- My enlarged ankles.
- My flaking fingernails.
- Everybody else's annoying habits.
- My third buttock.
- My daughter's inane observations on my life.
- Her brother's lack of observations on my life.
- My own rambling observations on my life.
- My five deodorant sticks.
- Moisturizer fixation.
- Intolerance of bad table manners.
- Earlobe wrinkles.
- I know there's more, but I cannot remember.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
The ones where I send my daughter mixed messages:
Notice how she so deftly changes the subject to skincare...
And then I coach her on her studying habits.
Because I am such an authority...
I beg her to play "Words with Friends"
And she taunts me with 77 point words.
We need to work on our sportsmanship.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Random things I ponder
on the rare nights I cannot sleep every night from 1 to 3 am...
- How long has it been since I read a Cosmo magazine?
- When did I come to despise hazelnut coffee?
- What kind of Halloween candy to buy this year.
- I wonder how the trick or treating traffic is here at 'the complex.'
- I wish cornbread didn't have any calories.
- Why do I talk baby talk to the dog?
- Why do people get belly button rings?
- Does the ficus need repotting?
- When can I get myself back to Virginia?
- Should I buy brown or black boots?
- Why do people just let their shopping carts run free in the parking lot?
- Whatever happened to Mr. Sheffield from 'The Nanny'?
- Is there anything like a 'starter' facelift?
How about you?
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Morning light at Schenck's Island.
I have been greeted by this sight every morning for weeks.
And every day, I think: "Build it, and they will come."
It is very peaceful here.
A beautiful way to start the day.
And then, Dora completes her business and we go back home.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
Aquarius - Oct. 11, 2010
You're on a roll today, Aquarius. Don't let other people's insecurities or shallow understanding about an issue get in the way of your progress. There's a distinct advantage to the way you approach things. Feel free to exert your will on those who need strong direction. If you're confident about the answer, don't be shy about saying so. If people don't like the way you're leading, they don't need to follow.
It's about time all us Aquarians got our lot in life recognized. Watch out....
What does your day look like?
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Because of my revered age:
- I can like being called ma'am.
- I can appreciate a good hand-written thank you note.
- A first aid kit is a good thing to have on hand.
- So are multiple tweezers.
- I can appreciate a simple thank you. Period.
- I don't have to suffer fools or toxic people.
- Differences of opinion are just that.
- I like to play Bridge.
- I appreciate and relish my down time.
- I like my doctor. It's a good thing since I seem to see her often.
- I can say "no" more often.
- I don't feel unfriendly for not wanting to breathe second hand smoke.
- I can honor my children's independence. Mostly.
- I look forward to my annual flu shot.
- It's okay to admit I don't like musicals.
How about you?
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
You Are Calculating
You are elegant, withdrawn, and brilliant.
Your mind is a weapon, able to solve any puzzle.
You are also great at poking holes in arguments and common beliefs.
For you, comfort and calm are very important.
You tend to thrive on your own and shrug off most affection.
You prefer to protect your emotions and stay strong.
Oddly, this is mostly accurate....
I am especially fond of the bit about my mind being a weapon.
I hope my family takes note;)
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Monday, October 4, 2010
Aquarius - Oct. 4, 2010
An unexpected letter or package might arrive sometime today, Aquarius. This could be a gift from a lover - perhaps a bit more lavish than you would have expected. You could receive other communications as well. At least one could be related to your job in some way. A party invitation could also come, and you will probably want to attend. Your significant other will want to accompany you.
I am already loving this day...is yours this good?
Sunday, October 3, 2010
St. Francis of Assisi (1181 or 1182 - October 3, 1226)
It is no use walking anywhere to preach
Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Francis of Assisi
Francis of Assisi
If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men.
Francis of Assisi
Francis of Assisi