- Sunscreen and lots of water are the best things you can do for your skin.
- All roads do, in fact, lead to Rome. At least they do in Italy.
- There is very little better in this world than receiving a bouquet of flowers for no reason at all.
- It really is all small stuff.
- There comes a point when toenails are too long. It usually happens in a matter of hours.
- Speaking of Rome, it really wasn't built in a day. As a matter of fact, they still don't know exactly how long ago the building actually began.
- You probably don't need to cleanse your colon. It's pretty efficient on its own.
- My dog is a genius.
- Managing your expectations makes for few disappointments.
- It really is about calories in versus calories burned.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
- I think I may have an addiction to books. My "to read" stack is taller than I am.
- And David Sedaris has a new one coming out...
- Those "Your Baby Can Read" video commercials annoy the tar out of me. My babies learned how to read the old fashioned way: with their parents.
- Do you ever learn a new word and then see it used ten minutes later? I love it when that happens.
- I may go on a campout for the first time ever.
- Is it called a campout or camping out?
- I do not like harpsichord music. At all.
- Is it possible for a person to be stupid and a narcissist?
- Today, I would like to live in Florida.
- Steven Tyler looks more like a woman than most women.
- They covered the pool here at the complex. I guess Autumn is here.
- I love every season.
- I made this Chocolate Zucchini Cake the other day. You should make it. Today. The only change I made was that I baked it in a bundt pan for about 15 minutes more. Seriously. You won't believe how good this is.
- I am going to do 2 hours of cardio today.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
Blue skies in Tuscany,
Distant curving hills,
Cypresses and olive groves...
And flower-strewn rills.
Villas...and oak trees,
Old and evergreen,
Swallowtails that dance the hours;
Small lizards rarely seen.
The Oriole's lone recital
From a shaded bough;
Soft, warm breezes
That waft the cloudlets slow.
Lilac and yellow broom...
A splash of brightest hue;
Large, dark metallic bees
That visit swift and true.
Hot Sun...and strong scents;
The grasshopper that rasps its joy...
Amidst the lilting grasses...
That beckon and alloy.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
- The Bird had a 24 hour communications blackout for a media class yesterday. I hated every minute of it.
- I think it is very difficult to buy a get well card for someone you don't know well.
- I had a dream last night that I was changing a baby's dirty diaper, and it took about an hour. I am so glad that was not an issue when I had infant twins all those years ago...
- I ate tagliatele with wild boar sauce in Tuscany. It was delicious!
- I have learned that the older I get, well, the older I get.
- What's your favorite body lotion?
- I ate chestnut pasta with chicory, pecorino cheese and artichoke hearts in Tuscany. Have mercy.
- I also ate a caesar salad and lasagna in Rome. Hey. When in Rome...
- I wear my drugstore reading glasses everywhere. Even to drive. My ophthamologist says that's just fine.
- I gained
15lots of pounds on my italian vacation...
- I guess that explains the aching knees and back.
- I also ate fresh figs off the trees every day in Tuscany...
- And pecorino cheese slathered with fig preserves...
- And Tuscan sangiovese wine....
- But the very best thing about Tuscany is the people...never have I met a group as warm and beautiful as they. I cannot wait to return.
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Monday, September 6, 2010
Wow, you get a lot more comments when you give something away! Sissy and Sammy are my little pals. Sammy likes to blog too, like you, Dora, so he writes every once in a while..usually complaining about Silly Sissy. Your mama is one lucky gal...traveling!
Please email my mommy at firstname.lastname@example.org so she will know where to send your prize! Congrats!
I'll be back as soon as I find something else up here in her office to give away next.
Oh, and she says she is having a nice time.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
- When I cut my toenails to the quick?
- When I colored my hair two shades darker than its natural shade?
- When I agreed to yet another charity event?
- When I put my nook charger away for good keeping?
- When I thought I could set up my new laptop all by myself?
- When I ordered a gluten-free meal on a flight to Rome?
Deep down, you prefer spending time alone to spending time with others. You enjoy thinking more than talking.
You are good with your place in the world. You are confident and comfortable with who you are.
Your gift is having a way with words. You know how to express yourself well.
You are inspired by what is possible. Real life is often too ordinary for you.
It's very easy for you to feel happy. You can find peace with any situation.